Storrs Hall(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$268
  • Breakfast included
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$287
The Ryebeck(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$177
US$159
  • Breakfast included
Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$256
US$195
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

Virginia Cottage Guest House(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$133
Lindeth Howe(Bowness-on-Windermere)
US$274
US$155
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

Craigholme Bed & Breakfast(Bowness-on-Windermere)
TripAdvisor
1,824 results
All reviewsluxury roommood lightingspa bathsanctuary suiteescape suitelip balmhideout houserose petalstortechampagne on iceteddy bearmy partneripod dockunderfloor heatingon arrivaleggs benedictchurch suites
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Visited for just one night last week - we were delighted with our choice of accommodation.
We were impressed with a very efficient young lady at reception , she took us to our
Room (16) and explained all its facilities. The room was warm and inviting and smelled very fresh. The bathroom was very modern , deep tub and a good powerful, easy to use shower. The room was quite small and as such had only a double bed with a very soft mattress , which was not to our taste. The bed linens were spotless.
Breakfast the next morning was faultless, good quality ingredients, attentive staff, varied menu.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Cranleigh and intend to return although next time we will try and book a king size room or suite.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Had a fab time at the Cranleigh Boutique Hotel. Room was amazing, staff friendly & helpful! A lovely nights rest followed by a nice English breakfast - couldn't fault anything except maybe the weather..... (tad rainy to say the least lol)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Firstly, I would just like to say how lovely all the staff I dealt with were. They are a real asset for the hotel and I can see why it gets so many great reviews. My room (16) was also very nice, comfy bed, clean and modern with a lovely bathroom (including the spa bath) and a slight view through to the lake. Breakfast was large and well cooked with lots of options so again another plus.

My only disappointment was that for some reason there appears to be a private flat under Room 16 with a patio right under the room's window. Because the tenant smoked I could smell it in the room every time she went out for a cigarette, as well as hearing her loud conversations with her friends, so ended up having to close the window. Hopefully the hotel are in a position to speak to them about this and ask them to smoke somewhere else in which case this room would be lovely.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank kiwiboyLondon
Bowness01, General Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read such wonderful positive comments regarding your stay with us. I shall certainly pass on your praise to my team.
With regards to the room below i can confirm that this is one of our bedrooms and is not a private flat. The Suite below room 16 is a large suite that sleeps 2 adults only. They do have a balcony but this is the entrance to and from the suite. I can only apologise that the smoking from these particular guests have caused disappointment. We do have designated smoking areas for guests who smoke however on some occasions guests that have balcony do choose to smoke outside their suites especially if its during the night. I will certainly look into how i can improve this for future.

If there is anything else i can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We Stayed at this Hotel/Boutique/BB for three nights.we reached early and our room was not ready yet. (We had informed in advance of early arrival) However it was made ready by the time we went out to have lunch.

Our luggage was moved to our room by the time we came back.

For a Superior Double Room it was a bit small but had almost everything we required. Bathrooms had separate TV fitted in. I would have expected a bigger room though for a superior room

Since we are vegetarians (No meat, egg or fish) we had limited options to eat during breakfast. But Hotel Staff was very helpful to provide whatever they could.

In Fact Mickey, Alice and another gentleman helped us microwave ready to cook food we were carrying with us. They were all extremely helpful and Warm. I think if i was to give an example of good service in hospitality all three of them would certainly will be on top of my mind. For every thing we asked they had only one answer "No Problem". Good Job !! Thanks to the Cooking and Housekeeping staff too. They did a great job too.

Wi-fi worked perfectly .. Location is very good as it is in Bowness and walking distance to market as well as location from where one can take a cruise to Ambleside or Lake.

I would certainly recommend this Boutique to anyone to experience excellent service .

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VikasIn
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Well where do I start the cranleigh is out of this world! We stayed in superior room 2 and it was fabulous the decor was amazing, purple led lights round the bed and cupboards gave it a real romantic feel. The staff were so friendly and polite they could not help you enough. While we were there my partner proposed (it was amazing) he had been in touch with the hotel and they had put rose petals on the bed and a bottle of wine on ice and handmade little chocolates (so yummy) even though we arrived a little early our room was ready ( it really was perfect) Breakfast was lovely everything you could need, coffee was gorgeous! We will definitely be coming back here, an unforgettable stay thankyou cranleigh boutique!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple