1,859 results
All reviews luxury room mood lighting spa bath sanctuary suite escape suite lip balm hideout house rose petals torte champagne on ice teddy bear my partner ipod dock underfloor heating on arrival eggs benedict church suites
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Once again our stay was absolutely fantastic, we love it. This is the third time we’ve stayed now and it’s been perfect every time. It’s not cheap so we only go for special occasions but you definitely get what you pay for. The accommodation is luxurious, the staff are helpful and the breakfast was delicious. We can’t recommend it highly enough, you will not be disappointed.

We most recently stayed in the No. 10 Suite.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Bowness01, General Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. I am pleased to ready so many positive comments and your review will be shared with my team.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

We spent one night in the amazibg hideout house. We were blown away by the kitchen / lounge and the bedroom. The decor is OTT but fabulous and sumptuous making our stay feel special. We both knew that the lower room would be amazing but it exceeded our expectations. It was just sheer heaven.
The kitchen had all the basics you could need plus a dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. The lounge had a gorgeous balcony which is private and lovely for star gazing. The television and sound system in the lounge were great and the sofa lovely.
The bedroom was just pure drama with gorgeous lighting, a magnificent bed and beautiful furniture.
The bathroom was all finished to a high standard and the carpets / decor throughout the house was plush. The lighting system throughout is clever and fun as was the iPad system in use.
The bottom room was sheer bliss. We spent 90% of our time in this room in the MASSIVE jacuzzi bath watching television. The mini bar was lovely with a large choice of drinks including mixers.
I can't praise this place enough! Worth every penny.
Oh and the complementary chocolates were scrummy!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Two night stay at this lovely hotel. I cant actually fault it. The room was standard room 3 it was big enough for us both plenty of storage for our clothes. The room was spotless, bathroom done to a high standard and really clean. Lovely full cooked breakfast in the morning deliciously cooked. All staff really friendly couldnt do enough for you. Our stay included full use of the Burnside spa which was lovely, River cruise to Ambleside and back and a glass of champagne and a cake at the fizzy tarte. Will definitely revisit one day would like to try one of the superior rooms so need to get saving up. Definitely recommend to anyone wanting to visit Bowness.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sammij81

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a treat by staying at the cranleigh.
It was amazing but there was only two things that let it down for me.
The staff at breakfast weren't very friendly as we entered the breakfast room no one spoke to us or gave us any direction. The order from the waitress I felt lacked friendliness.
But the breakfast was amazing
The room 11 was great. The spa bath with tv was a massive win for me.
Unfortunately for us we didn't have very respectful neighbours. The had a domestic twice in one day one of which was late on Saturday night.
Maybe a sign on the back of the doors reminding guest to respectful at all times and not to slam doors.
Other than that I had a very memorable birthday weekend away.
The spa at the burnside was a winner too.
I would definitely go back again.
I was very relaxed and chilled out just what was needed.
The fizz tarte staff were excellent and very friendly. The reception staff were helpful nothing was too much. We had no wifi the first night but it was sorted by the second day.
Overall a amazing experience ⭐️⭐️

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Bowness01, Manager at Cranleigh Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and always received positively. I am sorry to hear that the guests next door to you caused some disturbance during your stay. I would have been more than happy to address this issue for you had i know you were being disturbed. A member of staff is on site 24 hours in case of any emergencies.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Mickeala & The Cranleigh Team

Reviewed 3 October 2016

We've been to Bowness on several occasions and have always stayed in another hotel which wasn't available for this visit, so we opted for the Cranleigh instead. It's situated just above the town, an easy couple of minutes on foot down a gentle slope from the church, although they have a few other properties dotted around the area so check when you book where you're actually staying. Parking was a little snug, with maybe half a dozen spaces at the front of the hotel and the same around the back, but they have an overspill car park available a short distance away, just by the Belsfield hotel.

On arrival we were met by Alice, the friendly receptionist, who told us about the place and showed us to our room. We were in room 2, which had just been refurbished and was stunning, lots of mood lighting, crushed velvet, and impressive features like a Bose Bluetooth speaker by the bed. The bathroom was nicely kitted out, with a corner shower, and useful touches like bathrobes, and various toiletries. In the bedroom we also found a complimentary box of truffles, a voucher for a boat cruise on Windermere, and another for champagne and cake at the Fizzy Tarte bar in Bowness. Considering the room was on the front of the hotel we didn't notice much road noise, especially if we closed the bathroom window and door, but then again the road outside is narrow and hardly busy. The room was also at a nice temperature, not too hot, not too cold, and a thermostat on the wall allowed guests to change things. The wardrobes were very odd though - extremely shallow, so clothes hung flat against the wall, and there wasn't much room inside.

Breakfast was very pleasant. The dining room was very fancy, and the selection of food was good. Serving times are 8.30 til 10 each day.

The hotel has wifi if you're so inclined, but reception is patchy and it's quite slow. Tip: You're on a break, so disconnect for a while :-)

We did have a couple of criticisms. Firstly, we found the pillows were very thin and hard, and we didn't sleep very well while we were there. Secondly, it's quite expensive compared to other accommodation in the area, but the rooms are lovely so you get what you pay for.

All in all, the Cranleigh is a lovely hotel, and we thoroughly enjoyed using it as our base while we had a nice weekend in the Lakes. I'm sure we'll go again, but next time we might pack our own pillows :-)

Room Tip: Look on the website for descriptions, pictures and videos.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Mickeala & The Cranleigh Team