“Highly recommend”
other travellers have booked this property
Blinkbonnie Apartment (Main Square Callander, behind the church)
Bracklinn Falls Bridge. Short walk from Blinkbonnie. Loch Lubnaig near Callander.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Blinkbonnie Apartment (Main Square Callander, behind the church)
Bracklinn Falls Bridge. Short walk from Blinkbonnie.
Loch Lubnaig near Callander.
Ben Ledi from River Teith Bridge.
Ben Ledi.
King sized bedroom.
King sized bedroom.
Twin bedded room.
Twin bedded room.
Newly fitted out modern kitchen.
Newly fitted out modern kitchen.
Dining / Lounge.
Dining / Lounge.
Shower Room.
View of The Crags (Beautiful Walks) from Blinkbonnie Kitchen.
Blinkbonnie Apartment 1st. Floor.
Blinkbonnie Apartment 1st. Floor.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Wallace C
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This beautifully renovated apartment is situated in a quiet courtyard with private parking and yet only yards from Callander's lovely high street. It's tastefully decorated throughout and the owners have thought of everything you could possibly need for a comfortable stay. We didn't meet the owners but needed to contact them a couple of times and found them both helpful and friendly. Very comfortable bed in the main bedroom. Fully deserving of its 5-star rating.

7 Oct 2017
Thank you both for your kind review and looking after our apartment so well. You and your family will always be welcome at Blinkbonnie should you wish to visit the area again. Best regards, Dave & Sandie
Ian M
“Delightful location to enjoy The Trossachs”
Reviewed 29 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Perfectly placed apartment with so much to enjoy right on your doorstep - and right in the centre of this friendly little town.

The apartment is comfortable with all of the things needed to enable us to enjoy our all too brief stay. There is a selection of DVDs to watch but I would recommend finding the one called "Railway Walks" and watch the episode about Callander. It provided us with lots of local information and a few extra places to visit. You can see where the track starts through the kitchen window!

The owners were very easy to contact and most helpful and supportive.

Don't hesitate to stay here!

12 Jul 2017
Thank you all for your kind review and looking after our apartment so well. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you are welcome back anytime when next visiting the area.

Best regards,

Dave & Sandie
Alan M
“Great Location, Quality Accommodation, Lovely People”
Reviewed 6 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Callander is a great location for short undemanding walks, but is an excellent base if you want to go further a field. There are lots of good eating places. Note that there is a variety of gluten free food for ceoliacs. Local people are friendly and approachable, this makes a big difference.

The accommodation was quiet, well equipped and very clean. Having a welcome pack on arrival was very much appreciated and made it easy to settle in.

Communication with the owner was excellent.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and quality of the accommodation.
Liked least: Steep stair. Poor lighting at the entrance.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
Kerrie H
Calgary
“Extremely comfortable”
Reviewed 31 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This apartment has recently been renovated and nothing has been overlooked. The kitchen is very well equipped; the lounge is supplied with ample seating and all sorts of entertainment options; and the bed is fabulous - one of the best I have ever slept on. The location is central, within a stone's throw of the main street and all its attractions, and the owners are responsive and helpful. My one reservation is that the parking lot outside the building was quite active at 5:00 in the morning (the occasional truck and perhaps shift workers returning home?), but this would probably not be a problem if you kept the window shut.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the bed in the Master bedroom
Liked least: early morning noise from the parking lot
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 Nov 2016
Hi Both,
Thank you for your kind review and looking after our apartment so well. We are pleased that you both enjoyed your stay in Callander and sorry about the disturbance you experienced from the Shortbread Company. I believe they had a large export order at the time you were staying and they did have a night shift on that week! Please pass the word about Blinkbonnie Apartment to your friends and family as you will all be welcome anytime!
Best regards,

Dave & Sandie
carmen036...
Forres, United Kingdom
“lovely apartment”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

David & Sandie ( the owners) were there to meet us and are so welcoming and friendly....they are very down to earth and easy to talk to .
The apartment itself was lovely...on first entering it you are aware of slight musty smell but do not let it worry you...I am not sure where it was coming from but upon arriving home none of our clothes etc smelt ( which I have had at other places in the past and had to wash clothes that we did not even wear )

THE BEDROOMS
In here there was good bedding and a blanket if required as well as plenty of storage for clothes and suitcases.
The main bedroom even had a mirror on the chest of drawers which is normally rare
The main bedrooms mattress was sadly not comfortable..it seemed to have a large ridge in the middle and I hardly slept ..in the mornings I would wake with a sore neck and back
There were no black out blinds/curtains ( only blinds that let alot of light in) so if you are someone like me who finds it difficult to sleep in a bright room then this is something to consider.
LOUNGE/DINER
this was bright and comfortable.
there was even a cd/radio player which again is rare( infact this is the first time ever I have stayed in a place where there is a radio )
BATHROOM
this was nice although the pressure for the apartment's hot water was very very low so the shower was a dribble but this did not spoil our stay
KITCHEN
this again was bright and had everything you would need...it was well stocked with utensils etc etc..

the apartment was very clean and we thoroughly enjoyed staying here and loved callandar
I would recommend staying here

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything you needed was available
Liked least: the uncomfortable mattress in the main bedroom
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
9 Aug 2016
Thank you for your kind comments and 4 star review, but I cannot understand why you marked us so high! You state that our apartment has a musty smell along with other places you have stayed at, but ours did not make your clothes smell! The bed was not comfortable and gave you a poor night sleep and sore neck and back! Our blackout blinds were not blackout enough! Our Power Shower was not powerful enough for you! All of these negatives did not deter you from recommending the apartment to others and saying that you would probably be back? Amazing!

This is the first negative review we have had and I wonder why over 100 guests have never let me know about this. This lady seems to be an expert on finding musty smells!
The bed problem concerns me greatly as for the last 40 years since starting out as a young sales representative for Silentnight Bedding Ltd I have sold beds to retailers, wholesalers, distributers, contractors, hoteliers, guest houses, cruise lines, caravan manufactures, schools, outward bound centres and fire stations. I think I know about beds. The last few years of my career in the bed trade was spent helping with the design and manufacture of mattress’s. This included the introduction of vacuum packed mattress’s into the U.K. and the U.S.A. The mattress at the apartment is one of my companies and has been supplied to some guests after their stay, as they liked them so much. The mattress is a two year old, Reflex Foam mattress with a 50mm Memory Foam surface. There are no springs in the mattress to form a ridge! I would suggest that the guest has a medical sleep problem, which we are not qualified to advise on.

The dribbling shower problem was not reported to me during the guest stay, but she did report after leaving the apartment that the shower was slow to drain away.The drain trap was found to be full of hair, which is cleaned after every visitor. I cannot understand the dribbling shower, as it is a power shower and only works with a full pressure water system for safety reasons. I can only assume that the shower was left on the lower setting!

My apologies that our blackout blinds are not sufficient to block out the Scottish summer evening light, a natural occurrence which I can do nothing about!

Please note that our excellent housekeeper was away at her sons football match on this occasion, so my wife and I cleaned the apartment before this guest arrived and we knew all was to standard, as always!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing