All reviews room was clean other guests fresh fruit enjoyable stay kennedy cereal shower rear radiator ensuite wardrobe keys
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Lovely room, all VERY clean, small ensuite but unfortunately you have to have what there is in Edwardian house conversions. I have a relative who runs a similar establishment in Cornwall and the size is what it is. They were not in when we got there - are they supposed to have no life at all?? Everything was very well organised, key left where it should be - no problems at all. Booked a surprise for 65th birthday and husband thoroughly enjoyed it - could have booked a hotel at a lot more money but could not have enjoyed it more - even the sun came out!

Room tip: Nice room but on a busy road if you have a front one - but then easy access to everywhere in the area.
Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This is the first time in all my years of going to b&bs that the owners never once introduced themselves. They weren't there when we arrived but left instructions for keys. This was fine. We guess it was the owner at breakfast, but only got a hello. We were there for 2 nights. The room was small and assumed it was a single as the bed was only a 4ft and uncomfortable. Would be very embarrassing for all concerned if you had a larger couple.The bathroom was in need of a revamp and a good clean. It was not cleaned during our stay. I had brushed my hair in the morning, when we returned hair was still on the floor. Probably why behind the toilet it was stained yellow/brown. Our duvet cover was ripped. The "white" towels had seen better days.We received one lot of biscuits on arrival, not replenished the next day. Breakfast stated fresh fruit, this was either an apple or orange. Breakfast tables are small which is probably why the lady serving kept wanting to take plates before you had finished! Parking is a nightmare as to get to the car park you have a very narrow entrance. Wifi is intermittent and would go off in the middle of something then not come back on till hours later. To be honest this place does not warrant the price due to the lack of welcome and no attention to detail, they obviously don't want to do this anymore. Stayed in far better for the same price or less! So disappointed as this was a birthday treat.

Room tip: Go to another b&b!
Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Karenriddell71
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Nice little B&B run by a family We booked it blind not staying in the area before and what a nice surprise we had we were in the Carter room at the top of the house overlooking the front of the house ( the rooms are named after US presidents )
Very nice room very quite good location for Highcllffe and about 10 minutes away from Christchurch
Bed very comfortable and slept well
Bathroom a little old fashioned but all worked well nice and powerful shower
Breakfast was very nice all cooked to order
Parking at the back a bit light going down the side of the house so take care
Overall a very nice stay and I would go back again

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2017

A good choice for an overnight stay. I went for a small leisure/business trip with my Mum. The room was clean, comfortable, cosy and just what we wanted. I especially love how each room is named after a former US president - we stayed in the Kennedy room. The bathroom was a little small but it wasn't a downer. The cooked breakfast was delicious, and the options of jams, marmalades, sauces, cereals and fruit was great. The only downside was that the TV remote in our room didn't completely work. The volume control button was iffy, and we had to turn it off manually. But it wasn't a huge fault, we were only there for one night. Would visit again if I ever return to Highcliffe.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2017

Booked via Booking.com with huge reduction. Would not have been worth the full price.
Small car park at rear, with difficulty getting in and out. If other guests had not left before me, I would not have been able to get out.
Overall clean, small, double room with the exception of the bath that had a mass of congealed hair in the plug hole. TV remote dodgy. At 5am, the boiler started up like a steam engine that was about to explode. So, no further sleep.
Very good breakfast and the hosts were very friendly and accommodating.

Room tip: I was in Nixon. Probably one of the nearest rooms to the boiler.
Date of stay: January 2017