“Wonderful lunchtime set meal”

The Crown and Sandys Restaurant
Reserve a table
Thu, 05/08
20:00
Ranked #7 of 69 Restaurants in Droitwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

We found this place driving around as new to the area and decided to try their set lunchtime menu. The food were excellent and the fish and chips were fab! We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (381)

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

The second time out for 17 months one of my favourite places the place felt safe the food fantastic and the service very good I wanted a beef Wellington first class I booking again

Reviewed 1 June 2021

A shady table in the garden was perfect for lunch. The fixed price menu at £16 for 2 and £20 for 3 courses offered a good range of choices. We have eaten here a number of times in the last 12 months, but this time, the execution of the dishes was not as good as previously.

The bruschetta starter was tasty but not easy on the eye. The prawn cocktail was delicious but the presentation in a soup plate with no tomato or lemon garnish was really disappointing. Brown bread was promised but I had to ask for it. I was disappointed to receive a slice of buttered supermarket sliced bread. I am sure I saw homemade brown bread going out with other dishes!

The sea bass with roasted vegetables was as good as ever - this is a good sized main course. The risotto was tasty enough but a few more mushrooms and a bit less rice would have been a better balance.

If this had been our first visit, we might not recommend it.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank 10Orchard
Reviewed 30 May 2021

This was my first visit to this lovely pub. My sausage and mash dish was served with perfectly cooked greens. My friend said that her sea bass was delicious. I found room for the Eaton Mess which was gorgeous. The staff were very pleasant and the service was faultless.

Reviewed 25 May 2021

It was good to be able to get out and enjoy the food and atmosphere in the pub after the lockdown, the staff were welcoming and the meal enjoyable.

1  Thank Steve W