“Don't bother ”

Price range: US$4 - US$42
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome awaits you at The Honey Bee. You will find a really spacious, friendly modern pub with a super garden and play area for the children; plenty of areas both inside and out for you to enjoy a superb meal or sit and relax with a drink. Come and visit and we’ll help you unwind. Set in four and a half acres of grounds, our two fishing lakes, which we have stocked with carp, are now open to the public for fishing! Tench and carp have been caught so far - let us know what you catch!
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Should have read reviews before going here . when arived had to find someone to check and take us to a taken to table.chairs filthy with ingrained food table not been wiped down and the place full of flys orders mighty man mixed grill. Steak was cooked as to my likeing but the rest was over cooked and dry the fried egg was so over cooked and burnt could have resoled a shoe with it .on leaving went to pay over charged for a bottle of wine we never had . The chef spoke to me asked if I had liked my meal said over cooked did not seem bothered and seeing the state of the chef won't be eating here again. The manager popped out to give me a refund aragreant and rude .used to come here once a month before covid not anymore this was the last time as I work for a mystery customer company pitty this was not on my job sheet as this would be more indepth review

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (948)

Reviewed 10 June 2021

Had an anniversary meal with other half today. Meal was fabulous. Restaurant was busy but that was expected. wait for food wasn’t too long. Service good.

Reviewed 9 June 2021

First time out since first covid, fancied a steak. Starters were OK, but cold, ordered fillet steak, undoubtedly the worst steak I have ever eaten, dry,tough, burnt on the outside cold. When I complained, the management, the chef couldn't care, didn't even speak to me. The hapless waitress offered me free drinks, oh yes when my wife asked for a glass of water, the glass was dirty. The honeybee is the worst type of english catering.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank Tour670514
Reviewed 8 June 2021 via mobile

Our first visit since out of lockdown and looking forward to it so much.
To be disappointed as we were is an understatement. Outside under gazebo dirty, menus all on the ground sticky tables, not clean, and no one sitting there.
Once at our table inside ordered food to be told we have none of what I wanted so I then ordered steak and scampi as well as my partner, it eventually came
After two bites into my steak I showed my partner and he said it looks raw. Well it certainly was not medium rare that’s for sure. I asked for it to be cooked little more.
Another plate arrives different steak as i requested not to have chips with my meal I ordered salad instead it looked like they put hand in salad bowl and just through it on the plate.
Because my partner was nearly finished his meal I just sat eating mine .
Back to the steak well this one was no better, and cold....
oh the drinks were good .
Been eating at the Honey bee for years , let’s just say a will not be back for a long time !!!

1  Thank martinjP172JF
Reviewed 3 June 2021

We went on a work lunch, pre ordered so we would have time, they took our order over the phone, when we arrived we had to wait until all the staff finished chatting in the corner, took us to our table which was filthy and the room was full of flies.... so we moved. Then they told us we don’t do pre order’s and the food will be cooked soon. We asked why this wasn’t mentioned on the phone that morning and the server just shrugged. After another 25 minutes we said we have to go as we won’t have time to eat and expressed our disappointment, telling them this was a special lunch as a member of staff was leaving that day, again we just got a very Luke warm ‘sorry’ and walked off. Extremely disappointed and most definitely will not be going back.

1  Thank jennyG410