All reviews meal deal thyme restaurant metro centre two double beds family room good nights sleep all you can eat budget hotel shower room an excellent hotel excellent stay car park stayed for nights plenty of parking short stay would stay again reception staff
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

I regularly stay at Premier Inns around the country, probably 20 times a year for business. I like them as you know what you will get and that includes a comfy bed.

REALLY disappointed here by the bathroom in a cupboard. As a guy who is 6'7 it's really no where near big enough and the fact they can't fit the sink in the bathroom shows it is not a bathroom at all. Reception say I'm the first person to complain about this which I find someone surprising, and that all the bathrooms are the same (not sure why there are pictures of 'real' bathrooms in the pics on the hotels TA page).

Just bear in mind that you won't get to relax in the bath and unwind after a long drive here!

Stayed: March 2016
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Hi Chris A

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn it is our aim to make our guests feel brilliant through a great night’s sleep, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay fell far short of your expectations.
Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs

Thank you once again for your review.

Kind Regards

Amy Thacker
Premier Inn Team

Reviewed 1 March 2016

Excellent staff, excellent rooms- better than I had expected, had a lovely meal, breakfast was the best I have had in a premier, only fault was lack of parking spaces at the hotel itself, and apparently I have to use a certain amount of characters so blah blah blah blah, and this puts me off doing these surveys

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2016

The room was clean and the bed very comfortable and it had a decent shower. I did find the room a bit on the dark side (typical hotel) the TV somewhat small, but all freeview channels. The hotel does not have it's own car park as such but shares it with other shops and offices nearby. The bit outside the hotel is small and fill up quickly, the next bits are limited parking, the nearest 2 hours and then some 30 mins. So you could end up anything upto 400m away from the hotel, The free wifi is a bit slow. Food was average.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2016

We stayed here for two nights in February half term, the hotel is on a large industrial estate, it is easy to get to despite the current road works on the A1, there was also a large Valentines Fair nearby, but we did not notice any noise and enjoyed a good nights sleep.
The food at the hotel was good and the staff very helpful when there was a water leak in our bathroom, the hotel was full so we could not change rooms, I asked for some towels to absorb the water and the leak was fixed next morning. We will return again to this quality hotel. Free internet worked well.

Room Tip: Nice sunrise from east side of hotel, ie side away from A1
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 20 February 2016

This premier inn is very good ,no problems although the service at dinner was a bit slow do to staff shortages. The car parking area is good, but could do with being a bit bigger to fit in all the guests at this premier inn, when meetings are held during the daytime.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family