1,297 results
All reviews junior suite steam room separate shower contemporary suite leisure facilities three course meal night stay evening meal wedding venue wedding reception relaxing break food was lovely a lovely stay lovely room waiting staff buffet style family room
Reviewed 23 February 2016

This hotel is a split between plain and outstanding.The room was acceptable but nothing special, the bar area is uninviting and bare, and the staff not the most welcoming especially on a dinner time. On the plus side the restaurant is outstanding.We ate there both nights and felt it was really good value for what I describe as some of the best meals I have tasted.The braised pork and the chicken were my choices and they let us swop the veg.potatoes etc from other meals as we preferred them.Absolutely delicious!!! We enjoyed the spa but needs redecorating and the damp issues sorting.The massage I had was lovely and I felt relaxed and cared for.The company we were with made our 2 nights away great and therefor most issues were pushed aside to make the weekend enjoyable.Would not return to the hotel but will talk about the restaurant for a long time to come.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
GMSketchleyGrange, Manager at Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear Susan,

I can fully appreciate your thoughts on our property and we are working really hard to bring the original building up to the same standard as the contemporary wing and I am pleased to report that we have already begun with the refurbishment which will finish later this year. I am very confident should you return that you will enjoy the whole experience and not just the restaurant. The works are being completed in sections and we are attempting to be a discreet as possible not to offend our residents.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

The breakfast and food at the wedding was lovely but room was dirty carpet thread bare room marks on wall. But I will say Jennifer who was our waitress was so helpful and attentative very nice. Spa was dirty and we had to wait for towels.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Hello Gaynor,

Thank you for your comments which I have looked into - Please could you get in touch and let me have you room number that you stayed in so I can action your points raised, many thanks.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

I met up with my sister here for a late Christmas treat from my husband.

Check in was straightforward and we were given an upgraded room which was pretty amazing. It overlooked the gardens so was generally quiet. Two huge king sized beds and plenty of space. Bathroom was also very large with bath and shower.Towels were disappointingly tiny however.

Good tea/coffee facilities except over the overhead light for the tea making cubby-hole didn't work.

Spa was Ok, not the best we've been too. Very high chlorine level in pool room made it impossible to stay there for very long. Pool itself not warm enough to temp me in but steam and sauna rooms compensated for this. Extra treatments were very pleasant although pricey.

Sunday night dinner in the main restaurant was amazing; good choice and beautifully cooked and presented. As a professional cook, I was impressed. The service was efficient and friendly. Breakfast was an extensive self service buffet with a wide range of fruits, cereals and hot choices.

Overall, a thoroughly relaxing time. Only wish it was closer to home; I had an hour and a half drive back home on the M1....

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Dear Ernie,

I trust you arrived home safely. Thank you for your cooments as I did appreciate you taking the time to pass on your comments,. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Just returned from a 3 day break from this establishment yesterday via a group on voucher and we have mixed feelings about this venue as a whole and the way that this establishment is advertised.

So here is a breakdown of what we experienced.

Firstly- If you do go, request a second floor room as you can hear everything within the building on the floors below. We were situated on the 1st floor and paid for the noise level over the 3 days stay mainly due to the half term and children running up and down.

Secondly- Do not go during a half term break- Numerous amounts of children and some unruly- To the point that I had to tell a child to stop touching up all of the muffins that were on display. Of course she reported me to her dad but I cared not and was ready to tell him if he came across to myself and my husband. To state that his little princess was upset, but instead he just looked at me and gave me a dirty look- Great parenting.

Thirdly- The SPA is not solely for the use of hotel residents but for the residents that live far and wide who pay a monthly fee. If I had known this, I would not have booked the break as this was the only reason why we decided to stay here. The weekends are the worst- Friday nights and Saturdays as you have the local residents (mainly male) coming in, in droves. So you have to sit outside by the pool area and wait your turn to use the facilities. The whirlpool was the most difficult to gain access and the sauna- which is small as it is. We were advised while checking in, that due to the half-term break- 7.30am-11.30 am and 5.30-7.30 pm would be best to avoid because of the noise levels.

Fourthly- The breakfast is buffet style. So you have a choice of continental or a full English breakfast and can eat as much as you want to. Unfortunately, I thought I was in the sitcom “Benidorm” with the mountains of food seen on some individual’s plates, so early in the morning….. Whoops! Sorry maybe they were hungry ??????????????

The rooms were very spacious which included an ironing board, iron, tea making facilities, separate bath/shower. The only thing missing was a fridge.
There was also a damp smell coming from the bathroom area but this could be due to the small vent/extractor fan that they have in such a large bathroom or this was based on maybe the plumbing. So we just kept the door closed.

There is free WiFi but you have to log in to access this every 4 hours.It is also not particularly quick for streaming BUT its free.

I would advise that you wear flip-flops once within the spa as I saw some actions by individuals that would result in you stepping in their phlegm. You are given towels and you can request a robe as well. There is also a gym, but again you may have difficulty gaining access to this due to the local gym membership.

If it was not for the group on offer we would not have stayed here for more than the £169 that we paid. The normal price would have been double this and would not be worth it in our opinion. You do need to drive if you can as the hotel is situated in a village but you can walk to the main road to catch a bus. Once in Hinckley town centre. There are places to eat, a cinema, a mini street market, a range of banks etc. If you decide to go to Leicester for the day you can catch the 158 bus (£4 rtn) from Hinckley town centre which takes just under 1 hour to get there.

So if you do go, try to avoid the weekends as the SPA maybe difficult to access.

Room Tip: Second floor
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank worldwidetraveller75

Dear Worldwidetraveller,

May I apologise on behalf of any inconsiderate resident who may of unitentially offended you during your breakfast with us. We operate the Leisure Club with membership and residents have free use of the club during their stay, (which is similar to most hotel clubs) I must admit when I read your review, I have never known the club to appear as over subscribed as your comments would suggest. We operate a childrens swim time which is restricted to set times to allow adult time only which is for both members and residents so I was very surprised to read your comments.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay here.We are celebrating our birthdays and have decided to chill out using the spa facilities which are excellent.The set 3 course meal was very nice and biģ poŕtions too.I feel i must mention Harriet who was a waitress in the restaurant she was very knowledgable about the menu that was on offer and also a lovely girl nothing was too much trouble for her thank you Harriet.Thee was one downside ....no bacardi only havanah which is a poor substitute.I have never stayed anywhere that doesnt serve bacardi.(i did mention this when we stayed last year in review and you said you would look into this).All in all it was an excellent stay and we will be coming back again soon.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to review Sketchley Grange, I cannot believe we did not have your favourite tipple. I have passed your comments to Harriet and thank you for mentioning her and she will now be put foward for a recognition award as we do for all staff who are mentioned on trip advisor.