“"Warm, cosy and homely :) Highly recomend it to...”
other travellers have booked this property
Balgedie Lodge, the old Gate Lodge, recently refurbished, with the magnificent Lomond Hills behind.
Many hours can be lost enjoying the view of the Loch from the garden. The view of Loch Leven from the Lodge  is simply stunning!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Many hours can be lost enjoying the view of the Loch from the garden.
The view of Loch Leven from the Lodge  is simply stunning!
The pretty garden is idyllic all year round and fully enclosed.
The pretty sunroom with it's panoramic and uninterrupted views of Loch Leven.
The kitchen was recently refurbished and has all you need for making great meals away from home.
There is a large dinning table in the kitchen which seats 6 comfortably
There are lots of mod cons in the kitchen including a Nespresso machine and milk frother.
The lovely cosy sitting room is a perfect place to relax in after days out.
There is a piano and a guitar for guests to use and enjoy! As well as a flat screen TV & DVD.
Prices include a welcome basket, cupboard basics, fire wood, all linens, electricity and heating
The lovely open fire is a great feature and a central focus of the sitting room.
The master bedroom looks out on to the pretty enclosed garden.
The master bedroom can be set up as a twin if required.
Our twin room with pretty tartan. Can be a double & also take an additional bed if requested.
The cosy single, a sweet little hideaway!
The garden is a lovely pretty space that is enclosed so safe for pets and children
Our keep snug blankets are lovely for wrapping up in when outside star gazing or enjoying the view!
The seating area in the garden is great for Loch views by day and the stars at night!
The pretty garden path leads round the Lodge from the front door to the drive.
In the Autumn, looking from the garden over the fields to Loch Leven's Castle Island.
The fields around the Lodge catch the light in beautiful ways, thoughout the year.
A beautiful winter's day with snow pilled high on the garden hedge!
If you are lucky enough to get snow, get cosy inside & enjoy the magical views out.
One of the many spectacular sunsets you might see at the Lodge.
The sunsets are wonderful! This was taken in February from the garden.
The wild flowers all around are gorgeous, not forgetting the beautiful garden ones  too!
Floor plan
Balgedie Lodge was originally the Gate Lodge to Balgedie House.
Looking up the drive that leads to Balgedie House.
The sunset reflecting on Loch Leven, from the sunroom with a drink in hand!
There are so many great places for dogs to roam!
The beautiful city of Perth is only 25 mins away
Stirling Castle is a wonderful day out for the whole family and is only 30 mins away.
There are lots of fabulous golf courses in the area.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Finnish first
Any
ninanana2...
Trebnje, Slovenia
“"Warm, cosy and homely :) Highly recomend it to everyone."”
Reviewed 5 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Balgedie Lodge - one of the most beautiful places we have ever been. Homely, cosy, warm. I loved the smell of the old piano in the living room. Whilst playing on it I wondered how many hearts his beautiful sound touched. We adored the tender light and warmth of the fireplace in the windy evenings. And I never enjoyed washing the dishes so much as in Balgedie Lodge (although there was a dishwasher ;)) with for me the most beautiful view in the world, the view on Loch Leven. The house welcomed us warmly in any possible way and we felt like home there. Thank you Shona for your kindness and patience you had with all of my requests and questions :) And thank you Mary for your warm welcome and your help during our stay there. We had a perfect time and I recommend it to everyone from all of my hearth. Thank you again for everything, thank you Scotland for welcoming us so open hearted and friendly, hugs and kisses from Slovenia :) Nina, Denis, Tin and Tevž

9 Nov 2017
Dear Nina and family, thank you for such a lovely review of your stay at Balgedie Lodge and your first ever trip to Scotland! I am so touched by all you have said and thrilled you had such a wonderful time. I do hope you may be able to come and stay again some time! We'd absolutely love to have you back! Best, Shona
Cheri L
Colchester, United States
“Awesome rental, coulldn't be happier!”
Reviewed 16 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Shona and Mary were gems to work with. They were accomodating and offered information that was so helpful to us as foreign visitors. The cottage was comfortable and plenty of space for our family of 4. On the few days it rained, staying in to relax in such a cozy place was a perfect option. The grounds were nicely kept and although a bit of a drive from the airport it was nice to get away from the hussle and bussle of Edinburgh. I would gladly rent the cottage again and will pass along 5 star recommendations to everyone I know visiting Scotland.

A few pointers for those visiting from the states (absolutely nothing against the cottage or owner), be prepared to have electrical converters, I came with 3 and a power strip. It was just enought due to multiple rooms. Grocery stores ask you for number of bags you will need and charge about 5 pence each. If you have reusable totes bring them along. I bought some bags at a store and left them in my car rental in case I stopped while out and about. in the US most people use reusable totes just to back off on landfill, so not that big of a deal. Be aware if you are visiting during any festival that there are multiple streets that are blocked from traffic. The GPS we rented sent us down many of those so we needed to reroute multiple times.

17 Sep 2017
Dear Cheri, thanks so much for such a great review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and many thanks for offering to pass on details about the Lodge to others! Much appreciated! Thanks too for the top tips which I'm sure will be of help for other overseas visitors. But it's also made me think that we should have some converter plugs available and some spare shopping bags as we do get a lot of guests like yourselves from overseas. I do hope you return to Scotland one day as we would love to welcome you back again. Best, Shona
essoelle
Kent, United Kingdom
“Superb location, stunning views”
Reviewed 8 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The accommodation at Balgedie Lodge was excellent - very spacious and comfortable with lots of attention to detail. The sun room had fantastic views over the loch and was a great room to relax in after long walks in the area; the sunsets were fantastic. Lots to do around Kinross - plenty of good walks, Loch Leven Castle is worth a visit, and the Kelpies and Falkirk Wheel are close by. We were a large family group staying at both the lodge and the house and both properties easily accommodated all 19 of us. Both properties were immaculate. We would definitely stay here again. and would highly recommend both Balgedie Lodge and Balgedie House.

Your age range 50-64
10 Sep 2017
Dear Sue, thank you for such a lovely review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in the cottage and the views over Loch Leven! We'd love to welcome you back, either as a big group to both the House and the Lodge, or just to the Lodge again. Best, Shona
Stefan D
“Excellent family cottage”
Reviewed 24 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We - a family of 4 - spend a great time in Gate Lodge which - in contrary to many other cottages we stayed before - became a holiday-home for us. The cottage offers plenty of space and is tastefully furnished.
But let me describe the lodge in detail:
The bedrooms:
All beds are very comfortable, the master bedroom has a very nice view to the garden.
The kitchen:
I must admit that I really enjoyed cooking there (usually I don't like it....) It was fully equipped with everything we needed and even more (a sandwich-maker, how cool is that?!) The big fridge and the big freezer were very useful as we could do a weekly shopping and store all the stuff in the kitchen. And of course a dishwasher and a washing machine (both very clean) make life easy while you're on holiday ;-) The view from the kitchen window even turned the washing up into delight :-)
The bathroom:
It's a bright clean bathroom... for Germans the pull switches for light and shower are quite uncommon and without Shona's help we would probably not have been able to switch on the electric heater (yes, switches in a socket are also quite uncommon for us) but it was all working fine.
The living room:
2 comfortable sofas, a rocking chair, a TV, a ready-to-use- fireplace and a piano even with sheet music for beginners.... the kids had fun
The sun room:
Our favourite room. The views down to the lake are simply stunning and it was fascinating to see how they changed during the course of the day. We absolutely enjoyed sitting there, having a cup of tea, reading or playing one of the board games.
The garden:
A charming well kept garden with lots and lots of colourful flowers - and of course - thistles. Unfortunately it was too cold to sit outside and make a BBQ or have lunch at the sheltered sitting area but I'm sure it would have been nice....
The location:
Many different attractions can be reached within 20 min (e.g. Falkland Palace, Loch Leven Castle, Dunfermline). Much to our surprise we found that even Edinburgh is only 35 minutes away. We went to North Queensferry by car (about 20 min), got on the train, crossed the amazing Forth Rail Bridge and arrived in Waverly Station within 15 minutes, it was just perfect. (Before our stay at Gate Lodge we spent 3 days in Edinburgh. We had a hotel in Leith and the bus took 30 minutes to take us to the old town....)

Many thanks to Shona for such a warm welcome and the tasty basket on the kitchen table. She was a perfect host, always helpful and even our daughter could understand her without any problems. We were all sad when we left and would absolutely not hesitate to come back on our next Scotland trip.

4 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a glowing and comprehensive review! I am in awe at how much you managed to do while with us! And I am so pleased all was well with the Lodge. The sunroom is definitely a favourite amongst many, given its spectacular views of Loch Leven! Thank you so much for choosing us for your family summer holidays. I know you venture to many places but if you do ever come back to Scotland I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you all to stay again! The new back garden may be ready for you then too! Keep in touch. Best, Shona
Norbert L
“Perfect Family Lodge / pet-friendly”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We had a wonderful stay! The weather was great, almost sunny and blue skies. We did a couple of trips to explore Scotland: In Fort William we took the Jacobite Steam Train; we saw Eilean Donan Castle; and at Loch Ness we found Nessie only in the souvenir shop! The cities of Edinburgh and St Andrews were great to visit too. Every day we were happy to return to the lovely and warm designed cottage with its great view over Loch Leven. The house as well as the garden is very well maintained. We really enjoyed the time here with our three children. The contact with Shona was always good and friendly and we always got a prompt answer. We will definitely recommend this to our friends. Thanks again for the wonderful week!

4 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for such a kind and thorough review. We so love hearing what guests have enjoyed seeing and doing while with us, as well as being delighted that you enjoyed your time in our cosy cottage and soaking up the views! I do hope if you venture back to Scotland we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again. Best, Shona
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing