All reviews kids club limerick junction driving range wedding venue steak fabulous hotel from start to finish self catering bride and groom leisure centre function room food was lovely course meal couldn't do enough would highly recommend this hotel stayed here for one night second to none
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Looking at the website it looked really nice. I am a stickler for cleanliness, and don't mind paying extra if you know the place is going to be clean. I was a little disappointed in that respect. There were a couple of stains on the room chairs, in the bathroom the tap moved when you switched it from hot to cold, you had to hold the tap in order to change from one to the other. Not a hardship but I expected the maintenance to be better.
My main gripe was reception, I called the hotel to let them know that we would be arriving late, the guy on the phone said it wasn't a problem at all. When we eventually arrived exhausted from 8 hours driving, we were met by a sullen night porter, he didn't offer us any welcome and his attitude left a lot to be desired. After getting to our room all we wanted to do was shower and sleep. We were woken by tractors and golf buggies right outside our window, which was fine as it is a golf hotel after all, but not so good when you want to have a lie in.
The next morning we went to the desk, the receptionist and someone else was there, they stood talking for at least 2/3 minutes, there was no "I'll be with you in a minute" just totally ignored us. We gave up waiting and just left.We didn't go for breakfast as we were so tired so can't comment on the food.
Overall, it was fine as hotels go but nothing special, I did find though that some of the staff did not understand English too well, I don't expect to have to talk with hand signals when communicating with staff.
To sum up I would hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back if you don't want to be woken by golf trolleys
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe R
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I attended a Traveller Mental Health awareness event at Ballykisteen Golf Club yesterday. The event itself was enlightening and informative. To my horror and disgust, when I went to have a coffee with my colleagues afterwards we were met by an extremely hostile and prejudice manager who firstly said we could not have refreshments as the hotel was for residents only and then told we could have 1 drink each. I have never felt so humiliated and degraded. Racisim is never ok and nothing can justify such a draconian and disgusting attitude towards other human beings. I would advise everyone but in particular other professional organisations to be extremely wary before booking an event at this establishment , they have zero tolerance for diversity and basic human rights. My sympathies go to the staff members who were embarrassed and confused by the managers behaviour . He tried to get young female staff members to enforce this fabricated residents only policy. He was abrupt to not only us but to the staff also. That is not the sign of a good manager, I would advise the staff to consult with their HR department also as no one should have to work under those conditions . It is not right for a manager to force staff to lie , break the law by illegally refusing customers or make them feel uncomfortable in their work place. Any parent would be outraged to know their young adult children were working under the supervision of such a hostile, incompetent and unprofessional manager. Shame on you Ballykisteen.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank AnneMarieQ1
Dick W, General Manager at Great National Ballykisteen Golf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

This matter is currently under investigation and no further comment will be made at this point.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding there in June 2018 and it was simply amazing. The service was second to none and the food was amazing. The whole experience was fantastic and would highly recommend for a wedding or just to escape and unwind
Mr and Mrs cooper

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Mr & Mrs Cooper,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us, it was a pleasure to look after you both on your special day, and we wish you all the best in the future as you start this exciting journey together. We look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel was really nice and the food was very good the staff were very friendly and helpful and the service was fast only criticism is it could do with some evening entertainment we would go back the setting is lovely would recommend this hotel

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janecrilley
Reviewed 20 May 2018

We had food at this hotel the other evening .looking a possible venue for wedding
myself partner and her 10 year old boy. the child ordered spicy wings not spicy at all, and he said his seafood chowder was full of potatoes not much fish,we had a caesar salad which was not good ,and our main course fish& Chips (batter soggy)
we won't be planning our wedding here

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple