See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Situated at the edge of town Times hotel is contained by what looked liked
the old town bank.I got a single room (without prior booking) on the top floor.
The room was a little pokey but it was clean as was the bathroom.The decor
was a blast from the late '80s right down to the curtains and bed linen-cute!The hotel in general is a mish mash of styles dating from the victorian right through to the '90s.
I had a wash and used the towels provided and had to wash again.Man,they stank..
Luckily I had brought my own towel from home and so I didn't complain.
Had dinner (steak) in the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel-La Candela-and it was pretty good.€23 for dinner,a bottle of beer and an espresso.It's okay.
I went to a party that night and didn't get back until 8 a.m. the next morning.I met the night porter who organised the chef to cook breakfast.After an excellent breakfast I went back to my room for a snooze and didn't wake up til late afternoon.They only charged me half-board for the extra time.Full board was €40 which included the wonderful full irish breakfast.Not bad.
My bed was (considerably) higher on one side which was only apparent when I woke up half way towards the floor.At first I thought it was just the state I was in after the party!A couple of nights in said bed might be a little unbearable...And those fuggy towels....
Tipp town isn't a bad spot from what I saw.PLENTY of pubs and the people seem nice and relaxed too.The bar of the hotel on the ground floor is,shall we say,worthy of a Tom Waitts song.The staff were approachable and pleasant.

Date of stay: August 2009