All reviews microwave and fridge budget stay large tv an upgrade pub
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Big rooms staff very helpful rooms clean and tidy but could need a lick of paint but had a great night sleep petrol station next door and 24 hours opening car park at back of hotel which is for guests only

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

£43 a room and yes it shows. Booked a twin room and got a room with a double bed and a put up sofa bed. Holes in the wall and writing on the walls. In need of a lick of paint. Where do I start wi the bed...my back is broken not comfortable at all, pillows are rubbish, on the plus side i was over looking the car park and it was very quiet how ever I am told the rooms over looking the garage are very noisy due to traffic.
Avoides the bathroom as it needed a good clean. Room smelt fusty. Holes in tge side board.
soap not in packaging so who knows who has used it before you.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

This is very convenient for me when I stay with family regularly. It used to be a Travelodge, and not a good one but I often got a room for £20 to £25. Now it’s always £48 for a Saturday when I stay. It wouldn’t be worth it at £25.
When Metro Inns took over 2-3 years ago, they added new bigger TVs, and a fridge and microwave in the rooms. Since then, it’s never had a lick of paint. All the walls are damaged and it’s very depressing.
The rooms are plenty big enough, but even the cheapest places put out fresh soap, shower gel and shampoo. Not here. A small bar of soap that looks like it’s been used before.
The TV didn’t work, even BBC1 had a scrambled reception. The fridge made such a noise that I unplugged it to get to sleep. The pillows are terribly thin, luckily I was staying alone and could use both. The carpet was dirty, and the bathroom left much to be desired. I decided not to check the mattress for fear of what I might find.
I stayed here 11 months ago, and it was pretty bad then, but as I found hard to find somewhere else, I gave it another try. It’s gone much further downhill in that time. Yes, I know it’s budget, but for a few pounds more, or a few miles further away for the same price, I know I can do so much better. It’s only a mile from where I need to be, but I definitely won’t be returning again.
I’ve never done a bad review on Trip Advisor before, but I had to this time. Best avoided unless you are very desperate.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 711simonf
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The rooms look nothing like the photos on website.
We stayed here the last 2 nights & it was awful so run down & needs some TLC!
Photos are deceiving they look fresh & clean & its far from it.
The place stunk like old cigarettes & old pub, we had chipped paint walls not a little around the whole rooms, bits coming off & broken from bedside table & main desk top, a microwave that stunk of curry I couldn’t sterilise my newborns bottles in it. A bathroom covered in mould in the seals of the tiles & bath with hairs in it I felt we’d need a shower after getting in it to shower!
We had an unwrapped soap ready in the bathroom & dirty spoons in the pot waiting.
The mould was black around the window seals near to where my new born was going to be sleeping. The skirting was all worn, chipped and dirty as well as the walls!
I have never ever stayed in such a dive for nearly £100!!!!!!!
We had friends staying at a local premier in for cheaper with the possibility of breakfast also & in top condition and we ended up with this accommodation due to false pretences by going by photos on the website.

After finding out there was no room anywhere else and we couldn’t get a refund we had no choice but to stay. We walked in on Friday evening to a couple arguing in reception to then also move to either next door or opposite us in a room smashing up glasses or cups and fighting each other. Nothing was done about the horrendous arguing & fighting by 2 adults when we had a 5 month old to calm down due to being disturbed & my partner having to calm me down worrying as they were very threatening to each other, I understand this isn’t the companies fault but nothing was done about the awful experience or noise.
Tried to speak to someone at reception last night no one was there, tried and waited this morning when checked out for 20 minutes again no one to be seen!
We went away for a long weekend wedding & have had such an awful experience

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 900kirstie
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Reading these reviews I wasn't expecting much. But I was only paying £30 so I wasn't thinking I was gonna get the ritz. Reception lady was lovely, room clean and big. Bathroom clean with shower and bath. Mattress and bed was absolutely fine. Large TV, microwave, fridge and tea making facilities. A absolutely fine stay. I have paid alot more and received a lot less in many other hotels.

Date of stay: March 2018