“A great pub”

Price range: US$0 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Quay Inn - where everyone is most welcome.We delight in offering the best, locally sourced, quality, foods and real ales at reasonable prices. The menu changes with the seasons.We also LOVE MUSIC! Quay Roots at the Quay Inn, frequently presents local, national and international music acts. The next event will present Cam Penner and Jon Wood from Canada, on Halloween night. We also host regular acoustic and plugged open music sessions, and the next one of these will on Sunday afternoon, 6th October, at 2:30pm.The Quay also provides an extensive coffee and tea menu and fantastic selection of naughty yummies (cakes, desserts) that can be enjoyed all day. We welcome dogs and well behaved owners, and also have a wonderful large garden where you can enjoy the lovely sea air.
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

The wife & I called into this pub after visiting a pub up the road who didn't have the real ale they were advertising on their website.
There were a couple of real ales on tap, we chose the Otter beer which was really nice, we also met some really nice people here & after a while this pub felt like our local.
We would also like to mention the landlady, Colette, who was really friendly with everyone and was very professional in the way she encouraged everyone to adhere to the Covid rules.
Would we visit this pub again? Absolutely!!

Date of visit: June 2021
TheQuayInn, Owner at The Quay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Regards
Collette

Write a reviewReviews (319)

Reviewed 6 June 2021

Stayed here last month on a visit to see family. Had high expectations and was absolutely disgusted at the service I received! The hosts were rude beyond belief, the breakfast I would not have served to my dogs.along with this the rooms were filled with hair and dust with the bathrooms not fairing any better!

If you are looking fit a good quality bed and breakfast for the price I would strongly advice all:
DO NOT STAY HERE
SHOCKING

1  Thank Liambarr69

I don't remember any complaints at the time sorry you didn't enjoy you stay but this is not typical. If the room was as you say I'm sure you would have said something.

Still I wish you the best for the future
Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2021

Booked a meal for a family of 6, nice gentleman managed to squeeze us in. Turned up and walked in, the first thing we noticed was the stench of cigarettes, we then walked to the bar only to be shouted at by this vile woman to get away from the bar and sit down. We informed her that we'd booked a table for 6 and arrived early as requested, again to be shouted at I'll get to you when I want and pointed at a corner of the room. My dad was then walking past and got shouted at for looking at the beers. At this point I'd had enough and called the woman out for being rude, only for her to take her mask down and scream at me for not having a mask on, despite having just taken it off to sit down. I asked her did she want our business or not and was told to get out and she stormed off. First thing I see when coming to leave a review was other people being treated similar. The food may receive good reviews but I'll never know and unless you want to be treated like dirt to get it I would advise giving this place a wide birth.

1  Thank H4707NUsteveh
TheQuayInn, Owner at The Quay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

The only person shouting was you, you were beyond rude and blatantly refused to follow the rules to keep us all as safe as we can be at this difficult time. We are only following the rules which state you must be seated. Just to note, your father apologised for your behaviour so what does that tell you about the kind of person you are? I make no excuses for asking belligerent people such as yourself to leave. Nice people come back here time after time because they know they don't have to put up with people such as yourself. Like you say the food is great and I rebooked your table within minuets and they had a lovely meal. You won't be missed by either me or all the lovely people that use my establishment. So yes if you abuse me or my staff you will be asked to leave.
I wish you all the best for the future.
Kind regards Collette

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

We booked a trip for a long weekend to Minehead and as it was half term we expected to struggle to find dining options. My wife found The Quay Inn online with loads of availability so we phoned through to book a table for 3 for a light lunch. Upon our arrival we weren't geeted with the warmest of welcomes and abrubtly directed through to our reserved table. The landlady took our drinks order, my son wanted a Fanta so she bought a can of Fanta, the ring around the top was dark brown with dirt!! I asked for a clean one and she returned with one only half as dirty as the last, an improvement at least, I had to ask for some napkins so that I could make it somewhat acceptable. She didn't even seem bothered that she'd delivered 2 dirty drinks cans to our table, what are the kitchen conditions like !? She came to take our order and when we asked for a Tuna Mayo Sandwich, Steak & Ale Pie and a Sunday Roast she said as it was Sunday they were only selling Roasts, she was very adamant that it says this on the website and sounded like everyone should already know. We phoned to book the table so why didn't she mention it to us as we wouldve booked elsewhere, not all of our party wanted this so she offered the drinks bill for us to leave. We then felt very uncomfortable and felt we had to rush our drinks and leave. The landlady approached us on the way out to try to say again that there's only roasts on a Sunday but by that time I'd had enough of her short retorts and cold attitude. We didn't see the accommodation but I can't believe this won a televised B&B show as she would surely be marked down on her hosting unless she upped her game just for the show? I don't expect this review to do anything because reading all the other negative reviews she always has an answer and they are never in the wrong. I'm all for supporting small local business if they deserve it, unfortunately we won't be retuning which I'm sure won't bother the landlady. Stay Safe everyone.

1  Thank sjplastering

Of all the reviews I have ever received this is the only one that leaves at a loss. I apologised for the misunderstanding and if you thought that was rude I'm completely at a loss. I never said it was on the website because I know it isn't. I knew you were annoyed when you barked at me you only wanted a tuna sandwich because you were a diabetic but I never had any idea you were so upset. And I tried to tell you there must have been a mix up when the table was booked. I seriously don't understand the venom in this review. Just so you know I spent 2 weeks with the people on the program and I may have spent 2 minuets with you so perhaps they were in a better position to judge me. My kitchen is spotless thanks. I personally have never left a review about anyone as I never thought if was useful to judge others based on a few minuets interaction but many, such as yourself think it's the way forward. I think it's a little sad.
But I wish you well for the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Came here and was welcomed in. Friendly staff and the food was excellent. Highly recommended. Reasonably priced. Would definitely visit again.

Date of visit: May 2021
TheQuayInn, Owner at The Quay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2021