“Scrummy toast”

Becketts Coffee House
Ranked #9 of 82 Restaurants in Sidmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: British
Description: Coffee House providing simple breakfast and lunch menu - a wide range of homemade, bakery and patisserie cakes .. gluten free/wheat free/dairy free/sugar free and vegetarian/vegan options .. serving skimmed/semi-skimmed, rice and soya milk, and decaf tea and coffee - option to reserve sofa area and tables - open 7 days a week ..
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Lovely breakfast toast with coffee. Clean surroundings and friendly staff. Huge choice of cakes and snacks.

2  Thank alfiefuller
Nikki B, Owner at Becketts Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely review - much appreciated x

Reviewed 25 April 2018

David, who took our order, is himself a coeliac, so understood my needs perfectly. It was good to be spoilt with such a choice of home-made cakes & in addition some small individual wrapped cakes useful for picnics. I would certainly return for more treats on our next visit to Sidmouth.

2  Thank margaretwilson68
Nikki B, Owner at Becketts Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - much appreciated x

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Beckett's for afternoon coffee/tea and cake. As always the staff were welcoming, the so decor warm and inviting and the beverages and cake second to none. I had a flat white while my wife had orange and lotus flower tea. We shared a piece of avocado and courgette cake that was truly outstanding and impossible to believe was gluten and dairy free, but it was much to my wife's delight, as normally she struggles to find cakes she can eat with her dietary requirements. Since our last visit and my last review, Beckett's have trained their staff in hour to make really good flat white coffee, which tells me that they respond to criticism and strive for continuous improvement. I think they have now reached the point of being truly outstanding ask around and I have no hesitation in recommending then to anyone, irrespective of their specific dietary needs. I am disabled but was easily able to drive my Sudbury scooter inside to disembark next to the settee I wanted to sit on, unusually one that faces out of the front window of the coffee shop, very comfortable and a seat that allows one to view the coming and goings of Sidmouth High Street, quite entertaining. I would give Beckett's more than 5 stars if I was able to, truly delightful.

3  Thank David W
Nikki B, Owner at Becketts Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review - we are all delighted by your comments and very much look forward to seeing you again x

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here for the first time today. Must say I regret not doing it sooner.
Tempted in by the sign with the various hot chocolates offered. It was a cold wet day.
White, strawberry, milk, and caramel hot chocolate offered. Settled for the strawberry and caramel between us. Both were exceptional although the strawberry probably shaded it.
Various other drinks offered and youngest recommends the mango juice.
Various food offered. Both hot and cold. Good range of cakes. Recommend the carrot cake and especially the waffle with chocolate brownie chunks and chocolate sauce.
Comfortable seating and good service.

1  Thank nigstac2012
Nikki B, Owner at Becketts Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review - much appreciated x

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered cream tea with two scones. The scones didn’t taste particularly fresh or home made. The service was slow and a bit chaotic. The jam was standard shop bought quality, the only highlight was the clotted cream which was perfect and plentiful.

1  Thank nickisusie