1,219 results
All reviews white room jubilee restaurant jacket and tie first class sea view dress code brend family brend hotel putting green dining room indoor pool wonderful hotel luxury hotel staff were attentive wonderful weekend high standard excellent food
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I think this was our 5th visit to the Victoria! We love it here we came with my parents and my maternal grandmother who is not very mobile - however the hotel were very accommodating and the staff were extremely helpful. She was able to have breakfast in bed and on the nights she felt particularly tired; she was able to have dinner in her room. The lift was fully functioning so this was a great help. The hotel definitely suits all the family! There is an outdoor and indoor pool both a clean and in a pleasant setting. The pitch and put outside the front of the hotel has a good design and is rather fun. Our room had a little balcony which was a great sun trap and a nice sanctuary (I hasten to add not all bedrooms have a balcony). It was spacious and clean (particularly the bathroom); the beds were also comfortable- it had everything one might need including free wifi. The restaurant had great local fresh food which was delicious, and the the menu changed every night something I always enjoy as you never know what you'll have. Every night everyone found something the like - there were good vegetarian dishes as well. The waiters and waitresses were all very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast in the restaurant as well which was also good with a buffet and a hot breakfast menu. The hotel is very close to the beach and the town of Sidmouth, however you do not get any unwanted noise as it is set back from the town and road. Nearby there are nice walks and gardens. There are also a good number of shops nearby with a wonderful fishmonger who can supply vacuum packs and ice bags so you can take your fish back home after your trip. There are good links to nearby attractions and the main city Exmouth. There is also a full bar and sitting room. Whilst we were here there was a quiz night and a band to dance to another night. These were at all invasive or too loud for if you wanted to sleep. As I'm sure you've realised I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Having been to Victoria Hotel regularly twice a year for the last decade to read and write to do with my work this time I took up the request of my wife to take her.aso 45th wedding anniversary celebrations were held there for four days at the end of July.The dining room has been upgraded since my last visit very exquisitely.All again a high quality and I look forward to my next solo work visit in late November.

Room Tip: Room 215 excellent for,price facilities and views. Only issue was the quality of Sky Sports coverage for the Test Match.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Not perhaps the sort of hotel I would have chosen, but won this break in a competition.
Lovely cliff top hotel and we were given a room with a fabulous sea view. Service was first class, I asked for an iron etc and arrived promptly. The food was very, very good and the restaurant rather grand (gents had to wear ties) with live music, followed by coffee and petit fours in the lounge overlooking the sea. Lovely swimming pool area, and the weather was kind to us, we enjoyed a table tennis afternoon as well. Very close to the charming town, nice for a stroll along the promenade. Lovely stay.

Room Tip: Nice to have a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The Victoria exudes a nurturing and relaxing ambience from the moment you arrive. Everything is well cared for: beautiful gardens, clean and luxurious public areas, spacious and well-appointed guest accommodation, delicious and nutritious food, helpful and happy staff.....the Victoria has it all.

A great deal of thought and attention to detail is evident in the changes that have taken place to ensure that the hotel is contemporary whilst retaining its many traditional and features. It is impossible to encapsulate the Victoria experience in a few sentences.............try it for yourself. I am already looking forward to my next visit!

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank TanyaDH2017
Reviewed 6 August 2017

...perhaps a bit OTT for our taste. We stayed here on the recommendation of some friends who stay in the hotel from time to time. We knew in advance I would need a jacket and tie to eat dinner in the main restaurant although I think we hoped it might be a bit less formal in otherways.

It's hard to find fault with the place, our room was excellent, we had a lovely sea view, the food was good and the staff very helpful and attentive and yet somehow even within the hotel itself there seemed to be a divide. Some guests, we assume regulars, got noticeably better attention and service than we newbies and while that may be expected to some extent it was disappointing in other ways.

I enjoyed eating sea bream for the first time, I'm not sure how I had got to this point in my life without doing so and we particularly liked the little tray of 'nibbles' brought out when had drinks in the bar.

I would stay here again, my wife was left feeling slightly ambiguous.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple