All reviews front lawn nothing is too much trouble excellent quiet location clean comfortable rooms sea front evening meal first class food is excellent waiter served quiet area replenished daily shower and toilet relaxing break choice at breakfast family run lovely park nice breakfast
Reviewed 22 July 2018

The Mount Pleasant Hotel is located just above the main part of town within easy walking distance of the shops, cafes and beach. It has a delightful sitting room downstairs with a lovely patio overlooking the garden; a popular relaxing spot. They have tried hard to put ensuites into the older bedrooms so some are a little cramped but still they are well done and usable. The rooms vary in size and possibly because of the need to put in ensuites, some are a little cramped. The fittings and decor are all very traditional with frills, laces and pastel shades. The breakfast has plenty of choice and the Maitre D' is a charming, absolutely first class gentleman who tries very hard, to be useful and is very precise in taking orders. He is a total contrast to someone else, a female, who often answers the phone in a gruff voice. There is a dinner menu but you do need to book in advance.

Room tip: Pay extra for a larger room.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I stopped here for only one night.....Recommended by a friend who is in his eighties. He and his wife stayed here for the last of many times last year... A wealthy professional couple who have travelled the world and stayed in the most amazing hotels for the past 35 years. Sadly they are no longer with us but insisted they my wife and I visit this hotel and add it to our own bucket list.....
THIS WE DID LAST WEEK.
I can see why they were so enamoured ! It's a step back in time. We were greeted by the owner. A true gentleman. Everything about this Hotel is EXEMPLARY.
QUALITY ... The building is lovely. the staff are so polite. The food is excellent.
The decor is dated but so so fresh.. It is like a time capsule.. A time when manners, service and standards meant something. There was a pride in the business of greeting and ensuring that your stay was everything you wanted it to be. Immaculate paint work, clean windows, very clean, new ensuite. carpets that your feet sank into.
The front lawn is actually a very good putting green. Parking, free and accessible.
Bed very comfortable and linen seemed to be brand new and sparkled.
No duvet... blanket, again back to the fifties..My friend was right to insist that I stay here...I wish to return next time for longer but in the Winter....Mine host and I believe the reason why The Mountpleasant is so good has CLASS. He likes his staff and they like him.....Ensured that he said good bye and waived us off onto the next stage of our journey.....back to the future//////

Room tip: All clean and quiet
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We have previously stayed at the Mount Pleasant Hotel last year and and both my wife and I were impressed with the cleanliness, pleasant staff and location to Sidmouth centre.

Our second time in the hotel has been equally as good as our first visit. Philip is the owner and he is committed to making his guests holiday enjoyable and relaxing. We find breakfast and dinner excellent value for money. Dinner this evening was fresh fish, served with vegetables, sauté potatoes and onions; very flavoursome. I strongly recommend you check this hotel out, I guarantee you will want to come back time and time again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We just keep going back, even if it's only once a year. An early visit this time so hopefully a return later.
It's never a case of "Let's go to Sidmouth", but "Lets go to the Mount Pleasant Hotel", which so happens to be in Sidmouth, therein lies the ultimate compliment.
We walk into the entrance hall & right away feel safe & at home, the 21c century is already a distant memory. The pace is slow relaxed yet beautifully organised & everywhere is immaculate. Why pay through the nose for corporate grandness, relaxation therapy or silly expensive Well-ness sessions just escape to the Mount Pleasant were all is beyond pleasant.

Room tip: Any, just make the booking.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Whilst the hotel itself was good, the room security was not. Someone was able to access our room whilst we were out on the Saturday morning, and items were stolen
No apology for the breach of their security, our door was locked by us when we went out, and was locked upon ou =r return, after the room had been serviced.

Date of stay: October 2017