“CHEF BEIJING WHAT'S HAPPENED TO YOU?!”
Review of Chef Beijing

Chef Beijing
Get food delivered
Ranked #355 of 396 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Used to be my go to Chinese in Bedford. Used to have lovely staff and welcoming atmosphere. Now..a completely different story.
Ordered food at 6.20.. it arrived at 8.10pm. Funny because there were 2 lads in the car..didn't make it any quicker though. We were actually on the phone about the cancel and ask for a refund as tweedle dee and tweedle dum rolled up.
Food arrived soggy and cold, marinated with industrial fridge, seasoned with reheat and a dash of I don't give a s**t.
When asking about my order staff seemed unphased and unbothered.
Won't be going to chef bejing again.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (154)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I ordered a take away through Just Eat last night. Half an hour after the delivery time I rang the restaurant and spoke to the Manager who said the food had been sent. I explained that it was my wife's birthday and that I was disappointed not to have had the food. Rather than offer an apology he instead became abusive telling me to 'F...k Off Customer' 3 times. He then hung up. I later got a call from the Just Eat driver who told me that she had (without explanation) delivered the food to a neighbours' address. I had to walk there and retrieve the now barely warm order. I would not use this restaurant again and wished I had read the reviews before ordering. I have subsequently tried to complain to Just Eat, a near impossible task but eventually my complaint was logged. All in all a truly woeful experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

spoke with the man who answers querying why my food is over 1 hour late , he starting shouting and being rude , then when driver came he said he was waiting outside for ages for my food to be dropped , he also told me suck my mum and was very rude and food came cold

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

I ordered a take a way for two people, for picking up, when I got the meal home I was disappointed to to find that the whole meal was cold! The egg fried rice was boiled rice with a fried egg mixed into it! The prawn toast was like concrete over fried in burnt oil, the chicken curry was made up of a watery sauce and slices of chicken , the sweet&sour sauce was disappointing it to was very water !! I have to say this was the worst Chinese meal I can remember having , I will not be ordering from chef Beijing again, very poor quality.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 24 January 2021

We use Chef Beijing a lot but what annoys me is the inconsistency of the Pad Thai. It’s either too spicy or too bland, depending on the chef! Delivery tonight missed off a dish entirely. I think Chef Beijing has become a victim of its own success.

Date of visit: January 2021