All reviews fridge and microwave town centre just round the corner room was basic but clean fantastic value on arrival enjoyed my stay great budget hotel tea coffee facilities free wifi small tv parking space visiting wakefield fantastic stay hot shower superior room leisure centre
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

First room the tiny TV didnt work properly the bed sank in the middle and was full of dust after complaining we got another room and wish we hadn't bothered! There was a fag burn in the duvet makeup on the quilt and the matress was terrible springs popping up everywhere. The TV worked though! The carpet was heavily stained and just filthy I seriously wouldn't want my dog in this hotel. We decided to just sleep clothed as it was only one night at about tea time lots of work vans pulled up so that said it all digs for workers although we paid 44pound for one night I literally wouldn't have wanted it for 4 had I known! This hotel is absolutely filthy and is a serious health hazard I would advise anyone to book elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nigel F
Reviewed 23 September 2018

On arrival, I was advised I'd been upgraded to a superior room, so I don't know how it compares with standard room, but it was large, clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable - for an overnight stay I really don't need anything else, and for £35, excellent value.
Centrally located, but not with too much passing noise/traffic, and a leisure centre with a pool if you're staying for longer.
The room had a microwave and full sized fridge - after being drenched by torrential rain, it was a relief to microwave something from the nearby M&S, have a glass of wine and not have to venture out.
There appeared to be an onsite cafe that I didn't spot until I called back the next day to collect my luggage; I might have used it if I'd been told it was there on checking in! All of the staff were friendly and welcoming however,
Only slight niggle was that if I'd been sharing the room, there was only one chair and one bedside table which might have been inconvenient, but as I was staying alone, it was great, couldn't have been better.

Room tip: if not too expensive, thing about upgrading to a superior room
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I Booked A room online with conformation upon arrival we was told that the booking had been messed up & was charged A new price, £30 extra! Leaving us with no option to pay as we wasn’t from the city nor did we know the area I was then told to move my car off the premises even tho others was still using the hotels car park and wasn’t intending to move their vehicles, the room wasn’t worth the extra cost & will not use again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lewis_Sheffield1
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Cheap and easy, clean and modern budget hotel, just over the road from a Wetherspoons. Staff polite and helpful. Bed was nice and cosey with clean bedding. Good roller blind in window. No vending machine but take away not far away.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic value lodge and does what it does on the tin. The room was basic but clean good size bed with a good bathroom. My top floor had a fridge and microwave too. The location is central to the city and Trinity shopping centre.

Trip type: Travelled on business