All reviews room allocated friendly lady room was spotlessly clean downstairs room slept like a log full english breakfast the ground floor stayed here for one night wakefield city centre free wifi on arrival bar area sleep loft wardrobe cereal key
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Outstanding value for money. We stayed one night, bedroom was very comfortable, breakfast (included) was good, and the hosts very friendly.
Would definitely recommend. Now bizarrely I need to add more verbiage to satisfy a weird minimum character count having been succinct.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roger C
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Advertised as a B&B but was in fact full of social housing tenants. Clearly several of them had needs in addition to housing. A Social services referral arrived while we were there! Not sure how they’re getting away with advertising it as a B&B to be honest.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 352nickyb
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This is not a guest house/B&B. There are people in here that are vulnerable people that are placed here by the local authority as a 'half way house' because they have nowhere else to put them. Our first night we realised what was going on when we heard a carer/keyworker speaking with a 'guest' in another room telling them to get their head down and get some sleep and they would contact their social worker in the morning. We thought it was a bit odd but went out regardless that first evening for something to eat into town. We returned quite early as we had a wedding to go to the next morning. I was awoken at 1am by someone in the room above moving furniture and pacing the floor. They also decided to take a shower which was extremely loud as . This went on until 2am when it finally calmed down. The next day we returned from the wedding to get ready for the night time party and at about 6.15pm an ambulance turned up at the guest house and they came towards our room through the front door. The carer was with the guest that required a social worker the previous night. They had a full blown conversation about her right outside our door. According to the carer/keyworker, she was a schizophrenic and was at risk of taking her own life. This lady was in the room next door to us in what's supposed to be a guest house!! That put us all in danger as far as I am concerned and this shouldn't be going on in a guest house where people have paid money to stay overnight. I had to leave the room to go to the car and on my way back I met the girl that was in the room above us. She was in a short dressing gown, as high as a kite, and staggering all over. She knew the lady that the ambulance was for as she started shouting for her so is clearly in the same situation ie staying as a vulnerable adult. This is not at all what I expected from the guest house. We left as early as possible the next morning without breakfast. We didn't feel safe at all and had we not had such a busy day on the Saturday, would most definitely have moved. The lady that ran it never even asked if everything was OK with our stay when we checked out. That told me everything I needed to know. Any good host would have.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Had my reservation, that was booked and paid, for cancelled 2 days before I was due to have my stay-which I might add is the night before I am due to be married. So it has been a stressful scramble to find somewhere else in close proximity at such short notice. VERY POOR WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS, I BOUGHT AND PAID FOR MY STAY IN ADVANCE TO AVOID THIS!!! How can an establishment like this allow rooms to be double booked and take so long to inform the customer, as stated before I have had this booking placed for 3 months.
I would strongly advise that if you are booking in advance that you avoid this establishment to ensure you don't get left in the same situation I have dealt with 2 days before I get married.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ben E
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Only stayed for a few hours before starting a night shift this means that I can't honestly give a full review.
Basically it was a decent bed with a bathroom that was cramp but adequate.

Only problem is that access is from the rear with limited parking but I would use again

Date of stay: May 2018