All reviews beans car park multi storey central location free breakfast good size small selection town centre limited parking the sofa bed train station front of house short stay fresh fruit room was large modern hotel cooked breakfast
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Great staff - Melanie is best front of house I’ve seen in a long while. Always cheerful, always helpful, always professional.
I see people complaining about the outside looking tired, car parking being restricted and food not the best. So what? At £50-£60 inc breakfast with clean well equipped rooms, this hotel is a bargain.
I needed an iron - provided immediately
I had no where to park - staff immediately moved their own cars to make space.
Yes, breakfast and dinner aren’t 5 star - they don’t pretend they are, but breakfast is more than adequate and there are plenty of great restaurants, pubs and night clubs within minutes walking.
Enjoyed my two nights.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 868geoffm
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

The outside is shabby and tired but it is well placed for the town centre. The breakfast choice is very limited and the room was ok but not good value. However, the staff were very nice. There is on site parrking.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank QuietandThoughtful
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello QuietandThoughtful,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, UK. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and for your nice comment about our staff.

On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room and breakfast selection. We will address these concerns. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Great value for money and friendly staff, air conditioning, small bar area, breakfast included, free parking, Fantastic for a short stay.Good central location. Showers are very nice and rooms are a good size.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely check in, all staff at reception very friendly. Room was a bit worn out, various items busted (suitcase rack, toilet roll holder hanging off etc) the sofa bed looked pretty grubby. Otherwise the room was clean.
Breakfast looked like a bomb site. Understaffed by kids. No where to sit, tables not cleared, no cutlery. Not a good experience sadly.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Hello jaguarpaw_10,

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Wakefield and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

It's unfortunate that you were not completely satisfied by the state of our rooms and facilities. I also noticed that you were not impressed with the condition of our dining area. The circumstances you have mentioned are not what I want you to experience with any of our properties. We strive to provide the best service and accommodations for our guests but regret that was not your experience. I'll definitely share your thoughts with our hotel management team as a reference for future enhancements.

On a lighter note, I'm delighted that you found the cleanliness of our rooms satisfactory and you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff.

I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return.

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with partner for one night as we were attending a wedding good location easy to find by car from where we live, Hotel itself was nice enough really liked are room nice comfy bed the shower was especially good lots of freebies like shower gel shampoo provided was very clean and tidy and the price is very fair my particular highlight was the breakfast buffet which comes as standard with a stay it’s help yourself to as much and whatever you like which is right up my street my only complaint is there is only about 8 to 10 parking spaces and some idiot decided to park their motorcycle right in the middle of the last one even though there was more than ample room at either end for the bike this resulted in us having to use the multi-storey which granted is right next to the hotel and they pay your fee but a ball ache all the same especially as i got lost coming back an ended up in the middle of Wakefield city centre and it took me half hour to find way back and to top it all off when i finally got back found that other cars had just parked up on the curb right outside hotel the lady on reception neglected to tell me that was permitted when i first enquired as to where i should park as car park was full. That is my only gripe, would i stay again yes definitely would I recommend yes definitely but i most certainly will park up on curb outside if car park was full

Date of stay: September 2018