Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$179
US$173
US$78
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
US$47
Travelodge
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,039 results
All reviewsnorth wingthe cottagesleisure facilitiesjacuzzi and saunanight breakafternoon teaevening meallovely groundssmall poolshort breakhot buffetbed and breakfastsconeslovely hotelchanging roomsstandard roommain building
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Because I’m Pakistani the welcoming on the arrival wasn’t very nice. They gave me a corner room right out of the way The two receptionist were really rude and arrogant. Secondly the food is overly priced and disgusting. The room service was dreadful I ordered some toilet roll. That didn’t turn up till after 2 hours. I could have pooped my self twice before the actual receptionist bought it themselves. The pizzas were a frozen pizza and the sandwiches were as old as the place looks. The corridors smell and are very dirty. The rooms are small and need a refurbishment. The walls need painting. The carpets smell and the towels they provide were stained of blood and the bath tub was dirty. Then I had a do not disturb sign outside of my door but the uneducated staff still knocked on my door then when opened said sorry I only seen your sign. The staff need to be more friendly to a diffrent culture. Personlly I did not feel welcomed at all. Wouldn’t ever imagine to go back their. Thanks for fukawl but insect bites.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yesbruda
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I had to stay here a couple of days for my business trip. The area is VERY RACIEST. The food is not nice £12 for a magritta pizza which tastes cheap and horrible. One guy ignored us for a good 5-10 minutes until another guy served me. Hotel staff not welcoming at all,just gave us dirties! My room was in the absolute corner on the highest floor, i felt discriminated. I even asked for toilet roll and the '15 minute service wait' meant 3/4 hours later and no toilet roll. The fact that the male receptionist had to come himself?!! Its appauling the staff the way they are. On the second night the lady mislead me and tried to make me pay for food even though my work place said its all on work account! Im shocked she tried ripping me off!!Only good thing i can say is the jacuzzi and some visitors that made is pleasent. Otherwise i will NEVER come even if i had to for a business trip! Id book a room myself well away from darlington. Unpleasent. For a note please make staff treat everyone equally,sort the walls as some of the walls are crumbling away.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel has benefited from an expensive upgrade and it shows. Warm reception and staff who were very welcoming. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. We will certainly stay again. All the staff were constantly asking if we were enjoying our stay. They genuinely wanted to know how we were.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Dawn R, General Manager at Blackwell Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Michael
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay at Blackwell Grange Hotel. I am delighted with your feedback I will share with the team they will be overjoyed. I am so glad you like our refurbishment I am thrilled with the results. I am pleased the team went out of there way to ensure you had an enjoyable stay.
I do hope to welcome you for a return visit in the near future.
Yours Sincerley

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Oh dear ; where do you start with this place.
Positives. Staff very friendly and accomadating.
Food standard - average.
Negatives - Unbelievable scruffy.
In desperate need of a make over.
Wall paper hanging off . Scuffs on walls needing painting. Food left lying on the floor in corridors. Building smelling musty.
How people have their Wedding reception there beggars belief.
Unfortunately we had a voucher bought for us ; otherwise we would not have touched it with a barge pole!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris G

Dear Chris
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent visit to Blackwell Grange Hotel from which I read your comments with interest and concern,
I am delighted with your feedback regarding the staff I will share these comments with the team they will be overjoyed.
Not sure if you walked through the public areas these have recently benefited from a major refurbishment. I am delighted with the results and feedback we have received it excellent. It is disappointing when guests are disappointed with there stay they do not bring it to anyone's attention during the stay and only mention it when leaving the Hotel or write a review.
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations.
Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 30 April 2018

we stayed 2 nights here b&b really enjoyed our time here the only things that bothered me was paying £12.95 for a pepperoni pizza that was quite clearly a frozen stuffed crust that you can buy from supermarket for £2/£3 they had put a bit more topping on thereselves but clearly a cheap pizza and not home made expected more for the price
we used the swimming pool but with 3 people using it was crowded!
location bit out of darlington taxis £5-£6 each way into town
we would stay again but would eat elsewhere we enjoyed breakfast good wifi in room

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent stay at Blackwell Grange Hotel. I am delighted you had a great stay and enjoyed breakfast and our upgraded wifi.
I am sorry to hear that the pizza did not meet your expectations, I have received a couple of negative comments regarding the pizza over the past few days. We are reviewing this item and will look to change the product very shortly. All our food is freshly home made with the exception of the items on our 24 hours menu. Please accept my apoloiges for the shortfalls received with this product.
I hope to welcome you for a return visit in the near future.
Kind Regards