1,124 results
All reviews north wing main staircase the cottages leisure facilities buy a gift voucher night break jacuzzi and sauna small pool evening meal lovely grounds public rooms cream tea lovely hotel hot buffet short break bed and breakfast changing rooms
Reviewed 25 October 2016

this is our 2nd visit to the hotel another excellent room the food was very good and staff very friendly and very accommodating it is an ideal spot to visit the north east will visit this hotel again mr & mrs k

Room tip: first foor was quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelk6056
Dawn R, General Manager at Blackwell Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear Michael
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent visit to Blackwell Grange Hotel. I am delighted this is your 2nd visit to the Hotel and you found the food, the staff and the room all excellent I will share your feedback with the team who will be delighted. We are in an ideal location for exploring the North East and many of its surrounding areas. I do hope to welcome you for a 3rd visit in the near future.
Kind Regards
Dawn Raine

Reviewed 24 October 2016

was on a coach trip and stayed 4 nights i stayed in room 133 comfortable,tea and coffee and some toiletries very quiet.food was excellent my only complaint is the portions at dinner were too big!!!!good choice of menu,breakfast was amazing.the waiters at dinner were very young and have to be congratulated they were so pleasant and cheery

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank babsie109

Dear Babsie
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your recent 4 night visit to Blackwell Grange Hotel. I am delighted you found the food excellent and your only complaint was the portions were to big I can live with that complaint!!!
I am very happy with your comments about the young waiters they do offer excellent service I will share your feedback with the team they will be overjoyed.
Kind Regards
Dawn Raine

Reviewed 20 October 2016

We stayed here a couple of nights using a voucher, added dinner on the first night.

We felt the menu choices were fine for what we'd paid, the teenagers could pick something that suited them, we had plenty choice (although felt the £10 supplement for the steak was a little overpriced for what it was). Bar prices typical of a hotel.

Our room was comfortable and well presented - big soft towels and spotless bathroom. I always want more coffee than is allowed - but I'm sure I could have asked for more!

We used the pool with our 2 yr old and it was perfect for a wee splash about. Yes the jacuzzi only comes on every 15 mins - but hey ho, we were on holiday so were relaxing anyway.

The staff we met were all very friendly and amenable - we didn't encounter any problems but felt if we had, they would have been helpful.

If we got a good deal, I'm sure we'd stay again. There's plenty to do in the area and the hotel was a nice base.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MazzerP
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Two night break Wowcher deal we booked direct with hotel, room was fine huge bed tea coffee biscuits shower over small bath good size television.We ate two course meal with small glass of wine in restaurant choice of beef chicken fish or pasta although you could have other menu choices and pay difference we had pate and chicken wings for starters and went for beef and pasta for mains all dishes were good. Breakfast was very good all self service even had black pudding so hubby was suitably impressed only gripe was the tea you can never get a decent cuppa from a machine.The hotel is a twenty minute walk to Darlington centre nice shops and very handy for train into Durham.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 207Marina
Reviewed 18 October 2016

After a long journey from Scotland we arrived at the hotel. I had passed this place many times and had wondered what it was like . The entrance impressive and drive leading up to a great building.
However that's where it stops. Dinner for the group of people I took there was poor to say the least, 3 course, the meal was warm and could only be described as poor.
We came to our room and when we puled the sheets back the bottom sheet didn't even fit the bed ! The mattress protector didn't fit and only just covered the bed.
On a positive note the staff worked hard and were very polite, But that was the only good thing about this hotel.
A synopsis of this place is RUN DOWN. With competition being so high these days and Travel Lodges offering accommodation at less cost why stay here?

Room tip: Look round there are better and cheaper in Darlington
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank davelUk
Dawn R, General Manager at Blackwell Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear Dave Thank for you taking the time to write your review during your stay at Blackwell Grange Hotel. I am disappointed with your feedback after your 1st night of your 4 night stay this week. I am sorry that you felt your dinner was only warm and could only be described as poor. I did speak to every guest in your group and they really enjoyed the meal and offered lots of compliments on last nights dinner, the only criticism was that the portions were too large. I apologise that you felt the meal was not up to standard and not served warm enough. I will ensure on tonight's visit your meal is served piping hot. I was not aware of any issues with your bed linen I will ask housekeeping to replace any linen that doesn't fit tomorrow. I am sorry that you feel the Hotel is really run down, I do not agree with these comments. We are a 3 star Hotel and offer very good standards in all areas. Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the staff I will share this with the team they will be delighted. If you have any further issues Dave if you would you like to contact me during your stay and we can discuss further. I do hope you enjoy your next 3 nights better than your 1st night. Kind Regards Dawn Raine General Manager