“Needs improvement”
Review of Rick Stein

Rick Stein
Ranked #41 of 367 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$14 - US$54
Description: With stunning views across Poole Harbour as well as a more relaxed bar dining room you can enjoy a casual lunch with friends (and even the dog in the bar until 17.00) or elegant seafood dishes including Dover Sole Meuniere, Turbot Hollandaise and Fruits de Mer in the Harbour View dining room.
Reviewed 7 September 2021 via mobile

Booked for breakfast , the service was excellent and u can honestly say the eggs Benedict were the best I’ve tasted , but unfortunately my husband was not impressed with the breakfast , the sausage was very peppery and just not worth the money

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (3,139)

Reviewed 7 September 2021

We booked a table for lunch during our holiday as it was our 14 year anniversary. We were placed at the back of the restaurant and by chance asked if we could move to a window seat but instead they moved us to the balcony which had the most amazing view on a hot sunny day. Food was exceptional I went all out with the Lobster which was the best I’ve ever eaten and my partner started with the sausages and oysters washed down with the muscadet as suggested on the menu - amazing. Service was faultless and everyone was really friendly 100% would recommend

Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

Very underwhelmed & expected so much more!

I booked as we were staying in the area for 5 days, and were celebrating a belated birthday.

The waiter was unfriendly, nonchalant and unhelpful- which we were particularly surprised at.
Other members of staff were helpful & friendly- but goes to show how important a good waiter is. It certainly impacted our experience.
We asked for advise on certain menu items & he simply couldn’t be bothered to assist or elaborate on any of the detail.

I had the fish & chips, the fish was excellent but the chips were pale, oil soaked, and inedible.
My dessert was awful so I left it.
It was the strawberry / meringuep
& the fruit was soggy, resembling & tasting like tinned fruit.

The view was superb & a great table for a sunset meal.
If I owned the Restuarant, I would be very concerned about some of these reviews.
Not for us & would not return.

2  Thank Julie_a_011
Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

We had a very good waiter, infact all the staff were excellent. Top marks
The food was very nice but over priced
I used the downstairs toilet which was dirty and very unpleasant.

1  Thank 295deborahf
Reviewed 4 September 2021

As a food lover I was VERY much looking forward to this visit as a big fan of Rick but I must say although a Very nice setting the food was seriously average and could only be compared to Lock Fyne which would be at less than half the price. Very good service, good desert and nice wine are the positives. Bland soup and a very weak curry considering his travels to India and Asia. I had the Dover sole not pictured at £40 which again was very under whelming along with poor breaded prawns to start. Not the seafood experience I had hoped for. :(

Date of visit: August 2021