All reviews david lloyd mini gym function room bit dated the ground floor plenty of parking tea coffee reception staff stayed here for one night self service orwell rex wedding midnight iron venue
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely stay. When I arrived I had an evening meal which was light but I thought it was a bit expensive
Staff was freindly and helpful
However I thought the walk to my room was a fair distance.
If you have breathing or walking problems make sure you book a down stairs room

Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Hi Dernozzel,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell.

I'm glad you found the staff friendly and helpful - This is feedback we get regularly which we are proud of and work hard to maintain.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the rooms being a fair distance for you. If you decide to book again in the future please add a note to your reservation and my team will be more than happy to adhere to your requests.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

A great breakfast had by myself and my partner! We went up twice it was that good! The freshness of the food and the drinks were amazing! Thank you!

The staff are lovely and the chef was awesome!
Thank you for a lovely stay, we shall be back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Hi laurah0wes,

Thank you for your recent reviewing following your stay at Ipswich-Orwell.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Breakfast at the hotel and liked all the team and the Chef. We have a great team here so it's always nice when a guest identifies that - I will be sure to pass on your comments!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ipswich-Orwell in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2018

we were met by a very bright receptionist, we had a large pleasant room, the over all decoration of the hotel would benefit from a make over. we ordered an evening meal, i asked why i did not receive what i asked for, not available to day, i then found out that the salmon had not been available for some time and should have been deleted from the menu, the food was disappointing to say the least

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi mandr268,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Ipswich-Orwell.

I'm glad you felt welcomed from our Reception team as you arrived at the hotel and enjoyed the size of our bedrooms.

I hope that you did notice the recently refurbished bathrooms. We are hopeful in 2019 this is going to carry out into our bedrooms and public areas of the hotel.

I'm sorry to hear that your dining did not live up to expectation - I will discuss the menu issues with the Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager and get these dealt with immediately.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel takes a little finding. Coming off the dual carriageway take the exit near Trinity Park, left off the roundabout, into the car showrooms area drive to the end mini island then come back down the other side and it pops up on your left . If you miss the entrance you will need to go round again . Lovely large free car park . Easy checkin in ground floor . Wheel chair friendly . From reception bar/ restaurant is on right , rooms are to the left . The mini gym is on first floor but worth it for a work out . The food on menu is nice but pricey . Expect to pay around £40 for 2 course with drink . The rooms are basic - room 30 was functional with tv, iron, ironing board , big comfy bed , brand new bathroom . The price you need to shop around for can vary on booking.com (99) to IHG (42) so shop around . If breakfast is not included expect to pay £10 for it - buffet style . The building is old and tired and could really do with a Refurb . Windows are in need of upgrade , furniture is from the 1985 . The experience I enjoyed all thanks to the brilliant staff . Everyone was kind , polite and helpful . If you don’t mind vintage then you will be happy here as the staff are fabulous .

Trip type: Travelled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Hi Daldare,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and found the staff brilliant - I will certainly be sharing your feedback with all the team!

I'm also happy you noticed the recently refurbished bathrooms, this project is something that is due to carry out into the bedrooms and public areas in the near future which we are very excited about!

Thank you again for the great review, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night having been invited to a frend’s wedding. The service and staff we dealt with on the night were very good but we are now extremely disappointed having discovered that we left a very expensive suit and dress behind which had a value of over £300. We would have thought that the hotel staff might have phoned us seeing as they had our contact details but no! On phoning the hotel we were told that the items had not been logged in their lost property which only now makes us wonder about the honesty of their cleaning staff. I cannot now give this hotel a favourable review.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Hi barbarali13,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

As a Hotel policy we only keep lost property for 3 months. As you can probably imagine in a hotel we get a lot of lost property which is why we work to a 3 month policy so it's manageable to find items that go missing. I've done some further investigating with the team since reading your feedback and I'm informed you stayed at the hotel 6 months ago.

The items would have been stored for three months before being disposed of. I'm sorry however if the communication was mixed when dealing with my team.