All reviews small hotel western hotels quiet road georgian house old trees cul de sac rabbits running around the main hotel building large garden good size nice grounds dead end road lovely quiet hotel oak panelling cooked to order evening meal bar menu
Reviewed 25 October 2018

what a charming hotel, oak panneling in the public rooms . clean through out and cared for. have stayed several times in different rooms in the main house and all have had a comfortable bed and refurbished bathrooms. evening meals off the bar menu are excellent and reasonable priced. the hotels real asset tho is the friendly and helpful staff, all have a smile and seem to enjoy working there special mention to Marinie in this aspect. can recomend this hotel

Room tip: any in main house
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Claydon I, Manager at Best Western Gatehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have accommodated you at Best Western Gatehouse Hotel and we look forward to your return hopefully sometime in the further. I will pass on your compliments to Marina

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Arrived late and the staff waited up for us (felt a bit sorry for her as she was waiting to go to bed). Very welcoming. I could not fault any of the staff in anyway but the room we had (an outside annexe) was very tired indeed. The bed was clean and comfortable but the room was very cold, noisy till late as there was a party going on somewhere, soiled carpets and the mould in the bathroom. Showered in the morning, by way of electric shower. Husbands was fine, then it broke and I had to hold the button in and try to shower with one hand. For this we received a reduction on our bill which we agreed to but it wasn't that cheap to start with. The breakfast was good. Room needs to be taken out of service - replace the shower, give the carpets a good clean or replace and get rid of the mould.

Date of stay: September 2018
Claydon I, Manager at Best Western Gatehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2019

We are currently in the process of renovating more of our bed rooms, we are truly sorry on this occasion we did not meet with your expectations; you are an extremely valued customer to us and I am disappointed we missed the opportunity to serve you in the manner you deserve.

Please accept my sincere apologies once again. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future, many thanks

Regards

Frankie Manners
Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

My mum and I enjoyed an extremely pleasant overnight stay at The Gatehouse Hotel. We were impressed with the interior of the hotel including dinky bar area and oak panelling throughout. Our bedrooms were immaculate and finished to a most desirable standard. The bed and linens spotless and cosy. Loved the evening meal, my steak cooked to perfection. Must emphasise that we received a warm welcome and attentive service from the ubiquitous Marina who works very hard to ensure a delightful hospitality experience. Would definitely stay again if in the area and would recommend heartily.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Claydon I, Manager at Best Western Gatehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Wonderful; delighted you enjoyed your stay; I will commend the team for their hard work and we hope you will return in the future.
Many thanks.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night and if I had off been staying any more I would have checked out.
Staff were not at all friendly and definitely not helpful.
My room was not one of the new rooms, no air conditioning, plastic shower curtain and generally the room was tried.
Breakfast was standard, no offer of a vegetarian option.
Coffee poor quality.

Definitely would not stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Claydon I, Manager at Best Western Gatehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Please accept our sincere apology for the experience you had to endure; we thank you kindly for bringing this matter to our attention, we intend to investigate your grievance and offer further training to our staff where necessary. We hope you will continue to support us in the future, many thanks.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Overnight stay for me, my mum and my daughter. Had contacted the hotel in advance to ask that the two rooms I had booked were together and found that the single we booked had been upgraded to a double! Very pleased with the rooms, especially as we had booked at a very good price. Comfy beds, nice tea tray and toiletries supplied in the ensuites. Staff were lovely, all polite and efficient. We had no problem with parking, reception arranged a taxi for our evening out with no fuss. The next morning we enjoyed a good breakfast, lots to choose from and freshly cooked. Very impressed that my order of peppermint tea was met with ease. After reading some of the reviews on here I had been quite apprehensive as we arrived but would totally recommend as we left.

Date of stay: September 2018
Claydon I, Manager at Best Western Gatehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. I will pass your comments on to all of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely