Review Highlights
Good club in Ipswich

Good club in Ipswich. Tends to attract a slightly older crowd but it’s a good club. Drinks very... read more

Reviewed 12 August 2018
mattfrost216
Ipswich, United Kingdom
via mobile
Could do better

Reviewed 15 December 2014
Christine M
Ipswich, United Kingdom

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Bit of a shame to see poor reviews for this place if I'm honest, I visit frequently and have to say it's a firm favourite of mine whether I'm out for drinks with friends or popping in for some grub during the daytime.

In response to previous reviews - it's only a restaurant in the sense they serve hot food and you get waited on at a table. If you are looking for a sit down meal with a varied menu go next door to Zizzi's and pay twice the price!

They have a lengthy list of cocktails, varied wine list and more importantly a great selection of beers.

Atmosphere is brilliant and lively no matter if there is 2 or 50 people in there, the staff are always polite and friendly.

I think I paid around £7.00 for a beer and a panini the other day which came with chips and salad, what more do you want from a comfortable, clean establishment based in the centre of town?

Typical Ipswich folk expecting more than their wallet can carry them, hat's off to you Degero you have served me well!

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 15 December 2014

I arranged a night out for over 30 work colleagues for our Christmas do, I had never been here before so wasn't sure what to expect, I had requested tables and not the high stools but I still had to ask on the night as we were given the high stools, the food was plentiful ,hot and good so no complaints there but as soon as our food was eaten they then came and stated taking our tables away obviously the tables were taking up to much room and they were expecting to be busy while we were expecting to keep our tables for as long as we wanted.
It soon became apparent that this place is basically a night club that was rapidly filling up with men who were taking over the place and the atmosphere became slightly uncomfortable we overheard that there had already been trouble so our selves and a large part of our group left and went on somewhere else.
As a night club it probably fills the bill but as a restaurant.... well we wont be going back.

Date of experience: December 2014
1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 14 December 2014

32 of us visited the restaurant on sat 13th dec.
the atmosphere was very good early on ,low music , ideal for a crowd of workmates.
staff were very attentive and friendly,
the food was good without being fantastic , it was served hot ,well presented,
the toilets were a route march ,upstairs along I long passageway.
as the evening drew on towards the end of the meal , the atmosphere changed
lots of young men in ,hardly any women.
I did not like it , it felt like there could be trouble ,
so my wife and I left ,rapidly followed by most of our group.

Date of experience: December 2014
2  Thank quizknight
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Hadn't had a night out for ages so was looking forward to it but deciding on degeros was a huge mistake. . Mainly down to the horrifically bad music the d j was playing. Several times we asked v for old stool but nothing. There was nobody on the dance floor. . People even started leaving. There was no atmosphere m the bar staff blamed the rain and also said everywhere was quiet. We ended up watching a huge crowd of people queuing to enter bowmans down the road. .. Clearly not everywhere was dead. Not everywhere had a crap d j. Not a good time degeros.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank clarebird12
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Do not agree with last post I seen on this site, For one food was great quality, I had chiili and a potato and my son had burger and chips...was all fresh food and did not have to wait long.Bar staff was lovely and kind to.If you looking for fresh quality food in a good environment then I highly recommend this place.

Date of experience: February 2014