All reviews separate toilet car park busy roundabout town centre cardinal park central location good size mini bar superior room business hotel business trip per night sofa bed football ground modern hotel reception staff bar area
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Ipswich to see a band and needed somewhere to stay that wouldn’t break the bank. The Novotel was perfect. Very helpful and friendly staff. Clean room with everything you would expect or need. Good breakfast. All-in-all precisely what was needed. Definitely recommend without hesitation. Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nuwan J, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear MCros.

Very much appreciate your comments and 5* rating. Really happy you enjoyed your stay with us and i hope you enjoyed the band too. The comment about staff means a lot to me and my team. Thank you very much for recommending us for friends and family.

Looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed a few times. First couple of stays were as expected, standard hotel with ok customer service. Nothing amazing, then on my last and final stay, I had workman drilling all day long next to my room and was stuck in the lift for a while. Told staff I wasn't happy with this stay and was told I would be REMOVED from site and when I said I will not be staying again, the receptionist said "I know you wont" ! What a joke. As soon as I had a problem staff were rude and unhelpful ! Gobsmacked to be spoken too like this. Won't EVER stay again. No manager on site to speak to or deal with the problem.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jodie.

Thank you very much for your review. Apologies on this occasion you were disappointed and also for the experience with staff.

Could you please contact me directly to discuss and give further details .

Looking forward to talk to you.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Not much else to say other than it’s grotty, and overpriced for that level of dirt- room 337. Pillows and bed are rock hard meaning an uncomfortable night. The plus side was breakfast but that’s about it. Photos speak for themselves. Novotel I expected better. I’d advise people to book elsewhere like Belstead Brook - always clean.

Date of stay: November 2018
Nuwan J, General Manager at Novotel Ipswich Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Hellisabell

I am really sorry to hear that your stay with us wasn’t up to expectations.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Rooms were not the most modern, but clean, tidy and perfectly acceptable for the price. Car parking is limited, and sold to you for your stay even if there isn't a space. Mark, however, is very engaging, excellent company and a great asset to the hotel. The first night we wanted to experience the town/marina area and whilst Mark said their own restaurant was very good, he was happy to recommend all the best eateries around. The second night it began to rain hard soon after we left the hotel; so we turned back. Mark immediately took our wet coats and sent them to dry. We then found out that the Novotel food was indeed very good. Mark, thank you for an excellent weekend Andy and Julie.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew S.

Thank you so much for your review and marking us high on rating. Really pleased you enjoyed the stay with us and had good weekend.

Much appreciated the comment about Marc and his hospitality. He is overjoyed with his personal mention and surely will encourage him to deliver similar standards for all or our guests.

Looking forward to welcome again for another fabulous weekend in our revamped Novotel.

Kind Regrads

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Visited for a meeting. The bar area looked rather shabby, as there was a man working I guess it was being refurbished?
The meeting room was very much a standard meeting room with atypical chars that induce a numb bum after 30 mins.
The buffet lunch was rather nice, but sadly only orange juice or water served to drink.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mishthemodeller

Thank you very much for your review. I hope the meeting went well in our refurbished meeting rooms. I have taken your comment on aboard about chairs and passed to our development team. With regards to menu and drinks choices, these were arranged and agreed by the company. We are more than happy to accommodate any menu choices for the events, however these needs to agree prior.

Look forward to see you again on meeting and events