Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
All reviews great barn hot tub spa treatments suffolk countryside homemade granola clay pigeon shooting muddy paws vegetable garden rowing machine outdoor jacuzzi rest and relaxation heavenly place wellness centre private members club stunning accommodation the maintenance man staff were extremely welcoming
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2021

I visited Retreat East and stayed in the Little Hive with a friend. The stay was outstanding - everything from the massages we had (incredible) to the attentive and friendly nature of absolutely all staff on site. It was truly relaxing and well worth the great value room rate.
A couple of tiny things that could’ve made our stay even more incredible:

-Better and more comfortable outdoor seating (sunloungers for example would’ve been an excellent addition)
-Bedside tables
-A shelf or small table in the bathroom for toiletries
-Lighting instructions for the room

These are all really small points, but I must stress the stay really was wonderful. Thank you to the all the staff!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Leyton Williams, General Manager at Retreat East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Hi KL1989,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review, we will take note of the points raised in making your stay even better.

Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

Have just returned from a wonderful two night stay in ‘The Warren’ with my friend, for a relaxing girlie retreat. The accommodation was beautiful with all that we needed. I slept so well with only birds one to hear in the morning. The view from our barn was stunning and such a treat to wake up to. Staff were all so friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble. We had an amazing massage in the spa and used the hot tub, all of which added to the the calm and relaxation we needed. Food was all delicious and the experience as a whole was fantastic. Couldn’t fault it. Highly recommend for some R &R!!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Leigh

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review, I will ensure the team are made aware of your comments on the massages and food.

Reviewed 3 June 2021

Had a very relaxing stay at Retreat East. So peaceful and quiet (all we could hear were birds singing) with some beautiful walks straight from your door. We stayed in The Sett which was perfect for us and our teenage daughter. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a great little kitchen and sitting area and a view over a meadow (please never change this, so lovely to wake up to!) All staff on site were very friendly and helpful.

We had a great Sunday lunch in the restaurant and breakfast there each morning. The breakfast provided is adequate (granola is great but I wasn’t too keen on sharing a spoon with others to put it in my dish, could be better arranged for covid procedures) There are many other options if you want something cooked (extra charge).

My daughter and I had a lovely massage and facial in the spa where the staff were very friendly and attentive and it felt very safe from a covid perspective.

Just a couple of tiny things which would have made it even better:

A coffee machine in the barn
Instructions for the lighting system in the barn (quite confusing!)
Bedside tables
More comfortable outdoor seating (we would have spent much more time sitting outside taking in the lovely view as we had amazing weather but only had small benches to sit on)

These are minor points though and we left feeling totally relaxed and eager to return. Thank you to all at Retreat East.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi C9214DFlisah,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review, we will take note of the points raised and review in due course.

Reviewed 3 June 2021

My husband and I stayed at Retreat East for 2 nights at the end of May. I had booked it in Feb so there was a lot excitement and expectation surrounding it and it did not disappoint! (made better by the amazing weather)
We stayed in The Little Hive which was perfect for a 2 night getaway. Great bed and bathroom, which are always the sign of good accommodation.
Staff were extremely attentive and friendly, food was lovely but being a vegetarian I struggled to eat in the restaurant two nights running. Aside from that everything was great.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi KL1989,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review, we are looking to improve our Vegan/vegetarian options with the launch of our Summer menu, thanks for highlighting this point.

Reviewed 2 June 2021

Stayed here recently and had a fabulous time however there were a few things that just needed to be tweaked to make it really perfect. We were staying in one of the smaller rooms and there were no side tables next to the bed. This made it really frustrating when wanting to have a cup of tea in bed or have anywhere to put your phone / glasses / jewellery etc. Secondly...the pillows were not good. It was such a shame because the bed was great but I woke up with such a sore neck. There was no shelf in the bathroom ...where do I put my toiletries ?! And as lovely as the food was, if I had been staying here for more than a couple of nights I think I would have got a bit tired of the menu.
I must stress these are all minor points but it was still fairly expensive per night...and for that I would have expected all these little things to be taken care of. I have stayed in other places for the same price and these things have been the standard. And these little things are what draw you back to book time and again.

Hi Leikela45,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review, we will take note of the points raised in making your next stay even better.