All reviews dining room shearings hotels sea view self drive shearings break shearings coach national holidays evening meal lovely position entertainment room town centre monday to friday public rooms a lovely holiday bar prices third floor excellent value for money
Reviewed 8 November 2018

This hotel is very well placed for local amenities. The hotel itself is inviting with friendly staff and clean and comfy rooms. Why don't they have a bowl in the dining room to put tips in for the waiting staff, as our waiter had a day off the day we came home so couldn't tip him even though he deserved it. Some Shearing hotels do supply this.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue H
TheCountyHotel, General Manager at Bay County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Sue H
Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review I am delighted to read how much we welcomed you and looked after your needs. I have asked the dining room staff several times if they would prefer a bowl on the buffet table but they prefer the personal touch so I do as they tell me.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Well arrived by coach long old time on the coach but it’s all part of the journey had to queue outside to get in in order to register having got the keys it’s up to the room ours was on the third floor so lift was a must for going up. The lift could only take two people at a time but that didn’t cause much of a problem.
The room was small but clean and all in all liveable with window outside was very dirty, view was good.
The food was very good well prepared and presented, it was hot and whilst not the biggest of amounts it was sufficient as there were three courses and coffee served each day. The waiting staff were very good and they worked as fast as possible. The other staff were helpful and friendly.
The hotel in general was tired and could do with a update and spouse up both inside and out.
Would I go back yes I would in the better wether when you are able to take advantage of the boat tours.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank john1946066

Dear john1946066
Many thanks for your review you put in lots of detail and on the whole I think a good balanced review we are constantly painting and have a yearly program to keep the rooms up to date but accept there's always room for improvement. I am delighted to read you would return to us and I agree things are always better when the sun is shinning.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

From start to finish everything went smoothly. Bob our driver was efficient and good company.
Our superior sea view room was worth every penny. Very clean and comfortable. The only niggle was the hairdryer. Yes it worked but I think for a superior room a better quality dryer should be included.
All the staff were pleasant. The waiting on staff were brilliant. Had no complaints about the food which was varied, well cooked and well presented.
We would have liked to see a bit more of Anglesey instead of just stopping for coffee but that’s our personal opinion. The rest of the included day was fine.
Would recommend going on the open top tour bus. £7.50 for a 24hr ticket. It is a circular to Conwy, a hop on and off. Conwy Is definitely worth a visit.
Would stay at the County Hotel again and Llandudno is a fantastic place, so much to see and do. The promenade is awesome!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShirleyMayS

Dear Shirley May S
What a brilliant review you have made my day I do agree the superior rooms are worth the extra they can really make your holiday special. I am so proud of my dining room staff as well as all the other staff who work here I must say.
I am sure Trip Advisor readers will find your recommendation of the Hop on and off open top bus very helpful and informative once again many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

travelled with shearings on 29 th October good journey down and hotel room warm and clean room 121 on 1st floor good selection of food good staff the restaurant staff are very quick with service overall a good break

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SheernessDavann

Dear SheernessDavann

Short and sweet that exactly how I like reviews to be. It look like we got all the essentials right for you and you enjoyed you stay with us and I am very grateful to you for writing such a positive review.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Although we booked with shearings it was a Durham coach company that we travelled with to the hotel.The driver never spoke only to tell us there would be a 45 minute stop on the way.Thehotel is very nice and the staff very pleasant and helpful especially in the dining room.our room was warm and comfortable although some people were complaining to reception that their rooms had no heating.some friends of ours had no hot water even after reporting it twice.The entertainment which was in the freezing cold ballroom so some people only went in on the 1st night wasn't bad, even though the host was just waffling on about selling raffle tickets all the time ,but the comedian on the Sunday had us all laughing and even some of his jokes were about how cold the room was. The food was shearing hotel standard but on the whole not bad.The hotel is in a nice position overlooking the sea and about a good 15 minutes into town and I would go back to the Bay County again if I ever visited Llandudno

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank tingtong37

Dear tingtong37
Thank you for your review I do apologies for the heating in the ballroom after such a lovely summer it suddenly turned very cold so we turned on the heating to find it not working we have now resolved this issue. I am delighted to read it didn't spoil you holiday and next time you come you can enjoy the entertainment in our nice warm ballroom.