All reviewscontinental breakfastfurry curtainsbudget hotelsea frontsea viewfull englishrooms are basicgames roomper dayparking permitwould stay againyogurtlounge areashort staystayed for one nighttwin roomfamily room
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights, glad I managed to sleep for most of 1 of them. The bed springs boinged a lot and clunked too. The bed cover had a large hole in it down one side, the light from the window was very bright in the morning, needs a blind as well as the curtains. The room was too warm, no air conditioning and the window only opened a couple of inches (no fan available).

The most annoying thing was being woken at 4.41am by a loud sound that was like someone drilling in our room wall! I told the reception staff about this (there was another guest waiting to complain about it too), we were told it was the plumbing, apparently they are aware it does that, but obviously not bothered about fixing it so guests can actually sleep!

Finding someone on reception isn't easy, having to hand keys in every time you leave is a pain, especially when you need to stand in the lobby shouting 'hello' in the hope staff will appear.

The walls are thin, even the man in the next room coughing woke me up on our second morning. The wet room door was very squeaky, and the toilet roll holder was in the way when sitting on the loo, tiny room. Not enough room to bend forward when rising from the loo even, unless hitting your head on the sink is expected. To make matters worse the drain in the wet room was blocked, I told staff about this the first day we were there, they did nothing. As you can see from the picture we ended up with water soaking the bedroom carpet on the day we left. If I wanted to paddle I would have done it in the sea.

Staff and management here really don't care!

I looked at the breakfast but decided to give it a miss, trays of dried up food, no mushrooms and not even fried eggs available, most unappealing. I heard another guest complain about how dire it was, so glad I didn't waste money on it.

Good location and parking were the only benefits of this place. We won't be staying here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JessicaTodd
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well located on the seafront.
Whilst the room was clean and tidy, there were a few niggles, which although easily remedied, were annoying.
Flushing the toilet required a bit of patience and a gentle touch. The lift was out of order, and the service lift was more difficult to use, and was thus not always available.
However, room service was prompt.
Breakfast was a disappointment, as it seemed to me, simply because there were not enough staff on duty who knew what they were doing.
All that aside, the hotel is clean, the staff helpful, and it is in a good location.
Whilst I would not avoid this hotel, I would look for others first. If this was the only one available, then that would be ok.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ATC147
Reviewed 1 June 2018

We stayed here one night on our way to Cornwall. It is not easy to find accommodation with three children and a dog and so I was glad that dogs were allowed and they had family rooms with a double and not one but two bunk beds!
Our room was very spacious with a sofa and a table with chairs. There was also a small coffee area. Breakfast was included and was a small buffet with cornflakes, croissants, toast, eggs and sausage in a nice room with beach views. Dogs were not allowed in the breakfast room which was no problem for ours but you might want to know.
Our family room was in the souterrain with a pool table, a table kicker and table tennis only one door away but fortunately no one was playing there that night. The hotel did not have a lift and you had to carry your suitcase first up and then down. The pedestrian zone was a lovely ten minute walk along the promenade away. We would stay there again even though one of the bunk beds had bits of nose bleeding on it that the housekeeper should have noticed while making the bed.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Had pleasant stay here room was massive and bed very comfortable, lift is very small and old so if you don't like lifts get a lower level room. The staff were very nice especially blond girl who booked us in after mishap with booking operator, forgot her name but hope she doesn't mind too much. Thanks again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for two nights. The first room we got smelled like pee. We got to change rooms, and the second room were no better. Moll inn the window, dirty curtins and beds. We could deffently not stay. The ONLY reason i'm giving this hotel 2 and not 1 star, is beacuse they gave us full refound. At least its good service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends