All reviews seafood bistro wedding breakfast function room wedding party bridal suite wedding reception new owners evening buffet sunday lunch garden room full welsh breakfast the main house lovely setting couldn't do enough plenty of choice excellent quality first class
Reviewed 10 May 2018

We have been coming to Swansea for 14 years now twice a year and constantly trying to find the perfect place to stay, I think we have finally found it. It offers everything and is a short walk to the village. We stayed here twice in a week in 2 different rooms.
Went to dinner and the salt and pepper were filthy. Table not fully clean either. Crumbs on it. The trip advisor card asking did we enjoy our visit had a chunk ripped out of it! but the service was excellent.
Bed really too soft. And is only a double. We were in room 12a. No bath. Lighting very bad in bedroom. Excellent in bathroom but no where to put your stuff, so doing your make up was very hit and miss.
At breakfast there were not one or 2 but 3 dirty cups on the table. I feel attention to detail is missing here.
The selection of breakfast put out is very very good such a nice fresh selection, very well presented, fresh coffee and tea pots bottles water and a wide range of fruit juices. really excellent.
Only 1 bottle of the water was put out and a lady came in and took it all for herself!

Stayed here again on our way back in their suite Caswell which had 2 bedrooms a bathroom and a kitchen. However the double bed was 2 singles stuck together, so very uncomfortable. The main room had an en suit with a shower, and there was a bathroom for the rest and of suite which had a bath but now shower facilities, which meant you had a bath then had to run into shower to rinse your hair and body. Very strange indeed. They could at least have one of those old shower heads you attach to the taps. The rooms were very clean but also in that main bedroom there was no tv, only in lounge and 2nd bedroom. I like to lay in bed and watch tv and fall asleep. And again in this room there is no where to do your make up. No where in bathroom or toilet to put your things and no glasses to rinse your teeth or stand your toothbrushes.
But over all I feel this hotel offers everything we need and we will return. Oh and it is also a very short walk to the sea front, where you can take a lovely stroll.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Fidelma F
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night along with family members night before wedding.staff wonderful nothing was a problem for them all seemed happy at work. highly recommend.Rooms were spacious clean and lovely. great food wonderful.only down side bar was a bit small but then there was nine in our party alone.but we had a great night thank you all.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2018

The old mansion-style house was a wonderful venue for a family wedding reception and party, with plentiful parking, gardens and verandah seating area. The staff were conscientious, courteous and amenable, and nothing was too much trouble for them.

The reception was held in the Garden Room and the family were able to decorate the room themselves, creating a very personal celebration. The food at the wedding breakfast was delicious: the cold food was well chilled, and the hot food was hot, and each course was presented imaginatively and brought at timely intervals.

The video-disco at the evening party was good fun, and included the personal touch of a video of photos of the couple's friends and family. The evening buffet was a contrast in style from the wedding breakfast earlier and was tasty.

Many of the guests stayed the night at the hotel, so breakfast the next morning continued the enjoyment for the couple, family and friends. A plentiful breakfast buffet, as well as cooked breakfast options, along with a generous length of time for eating was much appreciated.

My room was part of a two bedroom suite, with living area and kitchen facilities, and each of the suites the party had provided a gathering point for other family members. The groom's grandmother was using a wheelchair, and the facilities throughout the hotel worked well for her.

While it's true that some maintenance is required here and there, the diligence of the staff; the quality of the food; and the hotel's attention to detail for the wedding reception and party all combined to create a wonderful atmosphere for our event, and I'll have fond and happy memories of the special occasion.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jo P
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I had my wedding here on 5th April 2018 and I could not fault a thing. Nothing was too much to ask of the staff and they were extremely professional on the day. I stayed in the bridal suite the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding, which is a spacious room with beautiful views of Swansea Bay. The restaurant was transformed into the wedding ceremony room and was filled with natural light that enhanced our rustic spring theme. The wedding breakfast was 3 courses of deliciousness and the hotel ensured the children were catered for. The evening hot buffet was plentiful and very tasty and every one of our guests commented on how good the food was. My new husband and I will definitely be frequenting this hotel more often and are already looking forward to our complimentary night there for our first wedding anniversary. Thank you Alan and Amy for making our big day the most magical memory.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Couple of days in Wales having a look at The Mumbles and Gower areas. The Norton House Hotel is a good location to stay for this. Situated near to the sea front with its own large car park. The Hotel has an historical main building with adjoining, modern two story accommodation block. Warm welcome by duty staff, coffee provided and a chance to look around. Quite amusing as I have just read a previous review about not staying in Room 8 - we were allocated this room on the second floor, no lift and lots of stairs. Room very small, bit like the Cap's cabin on a submarine - very smartly decorated but a job to move around freely for two elderly people with mild mobility issues. Needed extra pillows and bedside light and shower wand holder needed attention. All sorted out immediately by a pleasant maintenance man. The mattress had a life of its own and was bordering on a water bed. As one of us sat on one side the other was jerked into the air. The bright red smoke alarm flashing light was fitted to cast its glow on the right hand side sleeper and I suggest it is relocated in the room. Finally, the walls between rooms need better sound proofing - extractor fans left on became a real nuisance as were the various loud noises from other rooms. This sounds like a right old moan - it's not; yes the room could have been bigger but I have stayed in a lot worse. The hotel staff were superb, charming, attentive and cheerful. Had one dinner and two breakfasts here. All meals excellent particularly the breakfasts - help yourself cereals toasts and beverages etc and hot options cooked to order. If I stayed again I would negotiate a better room.

Room tip: Get the largest size room you can!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple