Norton House Hotel & Restaurant
US$87
The Alexander(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$89
The White House(Swansea)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$100
US$120
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Travelodge Swansea Central Hotel(Swansea)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Beachcomber(Swansea)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsseafood bistrowedding partyfunction roomwedding breakfastlovely buildingbridal suiteporknew ownersgarden roomsunday lunchfull welsh breakfastwedding receptionthe main housethree course mealwide choiceexcellent qualityfirst class
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came here with a colleague on business. The photos that we had seen made the hotel look really nice.

We got there and we were a little disappointed.

Time we went to our rooms we were both really disappointed.

Dinner was just about eatable.

I would not recommend this hotel.

However the young man that seem to do everything worked very hard and was pleasant.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Norton_Manager, Manager at Norton House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments, although you give no reasons why you where disappointed and why the food was just about eatable.

If you had explained why you felt like this we could have replied in full.

The Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Reasonable food however service and attitude of staff is quite the opposite in particular the polish lady who I assume by some miracle or misfortune mistake has been promoted to a manager.

Attended Sunday lunch for a birthday meal with a large party. Since arrival the staff do not make you feel warm and welcome.

Upon arrival we were 'welcomed' with a frown and a grunt. We proceeded to order drinks which was slow and water contained some form of black debris in it. When I asked for it to be changed the first response was "well there is water on the table". I then requested a fresh glass of water which was provided.

Food came generally all at time however vegetables were scarce. When I requested more vegetables the initial response was "umm I'm serving at the moment". I proceeded to ask three times and just carrots and peas came. I then asked a forth time and cauliflower cheese and gravy which then came after we were into our meals and 50% of the table hadn't had any.

When it came to payment as per any other group couples wished to pay separate and again the manager was not best please and told us "you should have been more organised next time as now the till is a mess and it will take me time at the end of the day". Basic expectation in a digital age that a restaurant has the infrastructure that would allow for splitting of bills which looking at the system used would be possible had the staff been willing.

Very unfortunate whoever decided to promote the lady who is a manager as this ruined the whole experience and I can assure you I will never return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and we are very sorry you did not enjoy your lunch experience at our hotel.

We take all guest comments very seriously and we will speak to all staff on duty that day to ensure the correct way to deal with guests and to also obtain there feedback and carry out corrective training where required .

The majority of our guests enjoy and leave positive feedback on both our staff, service and quality of food. If you feel this was not your experience then I again apologise.

We consider our portions to be more than ample and if guests wish more vegetables this is never an issue.

I would not expect a party of your size to pay individually for meals and drinks although this is only my option and experience.

The Manager.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

2 night stay, lovely location with a sea view. in a quiet residential area but just off the main Oystermouth Road, and walking distance to shops, pier etc. We left our car in the large car park and traveled into Swansea and also to lovely Caswell Bay on the bus, very convenient. There was a wedding on the Sat, so perhaps a reduction to other guests would be a good idea. Excellent breakfast, very friendly staff and all areas very clean. Room was a bit small, 2 single beds not the best quality, shame because the rest of the room and bathroom were very nicely decorated and modern. We would definitely stay again (different room) and would recommend to friends

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 17xmas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As soon as my hubby-to-be and I walked into the Norton House Hotel we knew it felt the right place to get married. It is beautifully decorated, such a relaxed ambience, the staff are so welcoming, friendly and fantastic and the food is outstanding. What a perfect venue to spend our special day with family and friends. I have to say the cooked breakfast and choice is excellent too! (the best sausages, bacon and scrambled egg I have ever tried!!) If we could do the celebration all over again, we would certainly choose the beautiful Norton House.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Alison B
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Have eaten twice here recently at lunchtime. Friendly , excellent service, good lunchtime menu and reasonably priced. Both times the meal has been of a very good quality. We look forward to our next visit. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple