“Little gem”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Gower bungalow

Outside front of bungalow
Parking on the forecourt in picture or across the way on parking bay if preferred. Open plan kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Open plan kitchen
microwave.
good size double room with wardrobe and drawer space. beds ready made up for visitors.
Bay window view of double bedroom
Adult sized bunk beds in smaller room most suitable for young adolescents or children.
Conservatory
French doors from conservatory lead onto upper and lower patio area. views over mumbles hill.
please note we do not supply body towels only hand towels, tea towels and shower mat.
Lower decking patio area
relax in this sun trap in comfort.
lovely views over mumbles hill
Two minutes walk from bungalow (thats roobee)
Mewslade on Gower Coast.
Plenty of local artists to capture the beauty of the gower coast
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jazzy144
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Quality of accommodation misleading from information given”
Reviewed 9 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Bathroom floor in need of repair.
Main Bedroom poorly furnished and decorated.
Outside garden, area much smaller than impression given in information.
Nearest beach does not allow dogs in summer months - this would have been good information to have had.
Kitchen and main seating area good and nicely decorated.
Kitchen well equipped but no roasting dishes.
On arrival the cottage smelled very musky.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Sitting in garden on wicker furniture
Liked least: The bathroom
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
31 Aug 2015
We genuinely and sincerely welcome criticism from visitors that is fair, truthful and constructive. The above review I find very disheartening and bewildering.

The wet room/toilet area floor has no damage or flaws whatsoever, there is nothing to "repair". The floor covering is that of square one inch stone tiles that are of irregular natural colour and contour, this is part of the design.

The main bedroom like all other parts of the bungalow are repainted each spring in a standard magnolia. I inspected the bedroom on reading the above review. There was not a mark on the paintwork which appeared still fresh and clean. The only thing I could find was some small smudges of paint on the skirting board which have now been sandpapered off. The bedroom furniture is of excellent quality having in the main been purchased from Leekes . The wardrobe which contains drawers is made of recycled old pine wood that is highly varnished. The bed is made of varnished pine and is relatively new and unmarked. The only other furniture is a pristine parker knoll chair in the corner and two round wooden dark oak coloured side tables each with a lamp, a full length standing mirror and a lovely canvas screen.

The outside areas I have never ever tried to give a misleading view of regarding size. There is no mention in my information regarding this and only accurate photographs taken with a normal lens. But to be clear the dimensions of the rear patio is as follows. Width 22 feet length from kitchen window 16 feet, length from conservatory window 9 feet. I believe that most people would regard this as a more than adequate space in which to relax, eat or drink.

As I dog owner myself I assume perhaps wrongly that other dog owners are aware of seasonal restrictions on public beaches. I have made no mention of beaches in my information as there are so many, what I do like to tell people is that the coastal path is quite literally two minutes walk from the bungalow and there are no restrictions at any time of the year for dog walkers.

I feel very hurt by this review as I have never and would never seek to give a false and misleading impression of my lovely bungalow.
victor w
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Little gem”
Reviewed 25 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Doe's what it says on the tin. Very clean comfy bed nice patio area . Good parking in front of bungalow also space opposite. Nice little touch was the bottle of wine on table in conserverty .would defiantly stay again. As we are regular visitors to Swansea to visit relations.

Snowdrop...
“Beautiful.”
Reviewed 29 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

I booked this as a short break away for myself and my partner, the bungalow was lovely, clean and spacious with everything we could of needed.
The location was amazing, a short walk away to some beautiful cliff top coastal walks with incredible views.
We had an amazing time and will definitely be booking again in the future.
Thankyou

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Denise H
“Perfect Location in every way ~ but a little " tired"”
Reviewed 14 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The property is in a beautiful spot, close to Mumbles Village, fabulous views from conservatory, a relaxing stay in the Gower peninsular. The downside is that it is in need of an uplift, one empty toilet roll to greet us is all that there was, not very inviting!!, 2 towels only, and the wet room is in real need of a make-over, stayed wet, damp & slippy all day long. Kitchen is adequate, but cupboards very bare of crockery, only just enough. We found that the meter system was perfectly good enough (£4.00 for 3 nights), no complaints, heaters if needed for extra warmth which we did one day. It is described for 4, glad there were only 2 of us as second bedroom is very claustrophobic & would not suit many children let alone adults, but all in all, we enjoyed our stay. Major renovations next door, but workmen were friendly & very helpful, a little more local help/guide would not come amiss in cottage, we did leave lots of local attractions leaflets as nothing else really there. I would return, but only in warm weather,as the damp affected us. Would I recommend this, yes to 2 adults only.

Liked best: location & conservatory
Liked least: bathroom & damp
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
eregriffi...
Dudley, United Kingdom
“nice for two...little bungalow in pretty location”
Reviewed 2 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

The bungalow is pretty and well presented but during our stay, the heating had been turned off and even the cleaner, who called in thinking the bungalow was empty, could not find a way of turning it on. We used pound coins to pay for the electric heaters but this didn't help in the bathroom. The idea of a wet room is great, but with no heating on, the room stays very cold and wet, with no dry floor space to dry yourself after a shower. If more than a couple stayed here, I would think this may be a real problem, as the small wet room come bathroom houses the toilet and basin as well. I would say this is a cute little place to stay for an intimate break, but only really when the sun is shinning, but that's just my personal view. The location is lovely and a lot of thought from the owners has gone into making the bungalow pretty and as comfortable as possible for a small space. We chose to leave a day early and return home, this was due to the weather as we had unfortunately just missed the sunny days the week before, but we just couldn't stay warm, dry our bath towels, or really enjoy the stay as much as we would have liked. I wouldn't recommend this stay to my friends only because I know they like being warm, and on days off, enjoy taking long lazy showers like me and not feel freezing when the shower turns off. There are no bath towels provided so take your own and you need to take plenty pound coins to pay for your electric. We could smell wet dog really strongly when we arrived, but after airing the rooms and spraying the air fresher around, this wasn't an issue.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: pretty looking bungalow in a lovely location
Liked least: Lack of central heating, no bath towels, no where to dry towels on wet days, cold wet room with no dry space to dry off after a shower
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing