“Lovely restaurant by the water”
Review of Sostrene Karlsen

Sostrene Karlsen
Ranked #88 of 283 Restaurants in Trondheim
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Indoors or outdoors, we enjoy cooking for you and serving you our many delicious dishes! Moules et frites and Hamburger are among our favorites! We also have a good selection of wines. Enjoy your meal at the quayside!
Reviewed 7 September 2021

Dropped in for lunch and were pleasantly surprised at the excellent quality of the seafood.
One of the best scallop starters I've had in my life. It was fried to the point, melt-in-your-mouth, not too heavy on the cream but still had that wonderful buttery taste and a wonderful combination of vegs complemented it.
The fish soup was equally tasty with the creamy chowder. The avocado sandwich was fresh and crisp.
The view just next to the riverside was lovely, and could observe people passing by.
Would come again.

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank freeskigal
Write a reviewReviews (292)

Reviewed 15 July 2021 via mobile

Here is a place that promises only sun by the river and delivers a lot. We chose this restaurant based on location and had a great surprise. Staff were kind and nice. Food was wonderful, some weird choices such as popcorn in a ceviche but surprisingly delicious. Not a single dip, sauce or plate disappointed us. I would deeply recommend to anybody

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 12 December 2020

I have been in Søstrene Karlsen twice and I have to tell that these have been the worst experience in any restaurant ever: bad quality in service and food and very expensive for what one gets
First time was 5 years ago I was intoxicated there and they did not take any responsibility (they said to my face that I was lying). Then I promised myself I was never coming back there.
Second time was yesterday when someone from work booked a table for everyone. They did not offered us a menu (just four bad dishes to choose between). We all ordered the burger since the others was soup or pasta. The burger was extremely spicy and the waitress did not say anything about that before we ordered it. I could not even eat it.
We were sitting outside and there were these radiator on the Ceiling. It was extremely warm there. The hot + the spicy burger made the situation very unpleasant. I was literally sweating and dizzy! We asked the waitress to turn it off and she did that for maybe 5 min when she turn it on again. That made me want to leave the place.
The bill was also expensive for the quality. I paid 400 kr for one beer and the burger. I think we have never eating both such a expensive and bad burger

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 26 July 2020

just now

Several tables outside are free, but I am told that there is no place and that they are reserved. I have dinner in the nearby restaurant, and for about an hour I look at those reserved tables, always empty. I finish dinner and sit on a bench in front of the fountain ... those tables are always empty. I honestly believe you didn't want me. It didn't seem respectful to me

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 24 June 2020

Great location on "Solsiden", and the food was ok, but not more than ok. Staff was not that interested in giving you any extra service.
Tried to reserve a table outside in the excellent weather, but was told that it was not possible.
By sitting inside and observe, it was obviously that if you knew somebody in the staff, an outside table was always available. So if you want to sit outside, and don't know anybody in the staff, don't go there.

Date of visit: June 2020