2,049 results
All reviews astrup fearnley museum rooftop bar jeff koons modern art turn down service small balcony aker brygge deluxe room great design luxury hotel oslo fjord nespresso machine cool hotel amazing hotel water front breakfast was delicious restaurants and bars
Reviewed 25 April 2018

In Oslo, most of the restaurants are extremely expensive. If you add alcohol into your meal, then which it means that the bill may get even more expensive. We were at Thief's restaurant's to celebrate our 3rd year with my fiancee and had (most probably) the best evening we had spent in Oslo. Very acceptable prizes and definitely worth for each kroner you pay.
Service people were extremely kind and friendly. The most noticeable thin Thief restaurant was their food prepared by their French Cook and his team. We ordered Entrecôte, with svart hvitløk, blomkål, ingefær & gressløkand it was one of the best steaks we have ever eaten. Especially its sauce was very extraordinary and delicious. We ordered Tinta Roriz - Touriga National – Syrah Lisbon - Portugal, which was also fantastic and very good match with steak. And as a dessert, we ordered Pekan & sirupspai, fløteiskrem & eplekaramell which surprised us with its fantastic taste and made us fly over the clouds. We will definitely go there (even) just to eat that dessert again. Huge thanks to lovely French cook. (He is really a big asset for Thief Restaurant. ) And lovely service team. We will visit you again... Rosa and Henry :-)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Dominic G, Manager at THE THIEF, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Greetings and many thanks for your review of our restaurant . Great to read you had such an enjoyable meal . As you mentioned we have a very talented Sous Chef called Guillaume and he sure knows how to cook an entrecôte . I should add that our kitchen are very proud of their organic , locally sourced and seasonal Norwegian fare . Glad you enjoyed the pecan pie as its a fine way to end any dinner . I´d like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as your feedback is invaluable to us

Reviewed 23 April 2018

This is what I'd consider to be the posh art district. Staying at the Thief was quite the lavish experience. Upon arrival, I noted the room was gorgeous with a lovely view, however, I didn't have a tub. I asked about the bathtub option and was told I could swap rooms but the view wouldn't be as grand. With the change my view was only partially obscured; I could see the water. The tub was a divine and sunken! The shower was a roomy walk-in with the rain shower head. The breakfast array was plentiful and what one would hope for with a 5 star hotel. I'd recommend carving out time for breakfast to enjoy the various treats, like the miniature juice concoctions. If you forget anything, the room offers a mini-bar, extra shirts, hairbands, ties, polish, etc. As for dinner, I'd highly recommend the burger.
My stay at the Thief was an unforgettable and well-enjoyed experience.

Stayed: February 2018
Dominic G, Manager at THE THIEF, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Greetings and many thanks for your review of our property . Great to read you had such an enjoyable stay . As you mentioned we have a splendid breakfast and I highly recommend that you take your time as Chef prides himself with his organic , locally sourced and seasonal Norwegian fare . Glad that you enjoyed our in-room shop as we provide things you have forgotten , things you may need and things ......just because your worth it . To see you use the word "unforgettable" in the discription of your experience is a true pleasure and I´ll be sharing your thoughts with my colleagues

Wishing you a warm, colourful Spring and looking forward to your return

Reviewed 22 April 2018

A hotel that really delivers.

To start with when one arrives one is immediately drawn to the lovely exterior design which is then later when one enters the hotel even more impressed with the interior design. The bar immediately right is a great spot to start one's dinner or just to rewind. Even if I like music - I did, when I was there to have a drink, find the music a bit too loud and not that appropriate.

Service at reception was professional and informative. The Junior Suite we got was awesome! It had what one's require a Jr Suite to have and more. Our expectations were met. Another plus being that they use Carita as brand for the toiletries is a huge place since it's a genuine luxury brand. SPA is also very nice and easy for guests to enter directly from the hotel. Also nice that the room had two TV sets. Beds and especially the pillows was extremely comfy and one slept as a baby through the whole night.

Dinner at the restaurant was delicious. Service attentive and quick. Would prefer to have more choices for food as well as wines on glass. Wine list was however very nice.

Breakfast was a very positive experience and we felt at home immediately by the lovely Swedish head waitress Frida who welcomed us with a huge smile and said that she hoped we would feel like home something we did. Choice of breads from the nearby bakery was awesome and so was the homemade marmalades as well. An extra plus for the small muffins, one don't need the giant muffins.

Will definitely come here soon again.

Best,
Mikael

Room Tip: Corner junior suite on the 8:th floor was amazing! (827)
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MikaelBjorn

Greetings and many thanks for your review of our property . Great to read you had such an enjoyable stay . Glad that you took the time to explore the hotel and a perfect way to start dinner is with a cocktail in our lobby bar . We've now opened our rooftop bar so the cocktail now comes with an outstanding view over the mountains and the Oslo Fjord . Once again The Bed gets a mention and that's been a recurring theme since the opening of the property and super to hear that you slept like a baby . Your comments concerning service were pleasure to read and I´ll be extending your thoughts to the Thieves and in particular Frida

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

A very stylish hotel in the formulaic boutique fit-out format that is positioned by the water is a very tranquil but cool setting surrounded by restaurants and lots of places to walk round and chill out. The welcome from concierge Dominic was a highlight...this guy stopped at nothing to help us; thanks Dominic. The staff here are very helpful indeed and super-friendly; that is truly refreshing. Room is modern boutique style, dark wood panels that look like they are not going to weather well, door in the mini bar cupboard already not fitting properly. The bed is super deluxe and covered in comfy cushions. Beautiful balcony with harbour view...marvellous. Great bedside remotes for lighting states! Super-deluxe bathroom with automatic lighting although the faders here are a little style over substance; stylish heated towel rail. I am grateful that I learned something today: always check the water reservoir in the coffee machine. This one was smelling funky. Must be cleaned daily in my opinion.
A high-quality breakfast. Delightful staff again but...no hot plates for the hot breakfast...!?
A visit to the spa is recommended as this is one of the loveliest I have experienced. Tranquility...relaxed staff, underground corridor access with its own lift, chlorine-free pool, steam room par excellence. No muzak.
The rooftop bar is a hotspot for the coolest to hang...a delightful setting but a skeleton menu. I would recommend offering more.
This hotel is touted as the best in Oslo and if they sort out a few of these niggles, it probably will be.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Greetings and many thanks for your very comprehensive and detailed review of our property . Great to read you had such an enjoyable stay .As you mentioned were located on the waterfront with some splendid views across the harbour and Oslo Fjord . Glad that you took the time to explore the property as not much slipped your attention and I´ll be discussing some of your points with my colleagues . I´d like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as your feedback is invaluable to us .

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2018

The Thief is just getting better and better and is now by far the best hotel in Oslo. Room quality is top class, rooftop bar great With superb service, spa area top class, concierge service friendly With many good ideas. Breakfast is not the best in Norway, but good enough. Just go here and spoil yourself!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Dominic G, Manager at THE THIEF, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Greetings and many thanks for your review of our property . Great to read you had such an enjoyable stay . As you mentioned we have a "top class" Spa with some beautiful treatments and outstanding therapists . To see our service described as "superb" is a true pleasure and I´ll be sharing your thoughts with my colleagues .

Wishing you a warm , colourful Spring and looking forward to your return ( so we can spoil you again )