All reviews charming hotel quiet neighborhood tram stop main building older part light evening meal free dinner city centre included in the price kon tiki breakfast and dinner public areas tea and coffee min walk included breakfast smoked salmon great breakfast
Reviewed 24 August 2018

The two of us stayed 7 nights at this hotel. Our room was quite large enough. We liked the fact that sparkling water and coffee were always available, always, and at no extra cost. Plus in the evening there is a simple but quite wide ranging buffet provided - all part of the hotel price. We ate in every night which was actually quite a saving. The staff were good especially the kitchen staff and the waiters. There is a tram stop very close if you don't want to walk into the centre of Oslo which would be 20 minutes walk away

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Karl Einar S, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear William M,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and hope that you will return to Clarion Collection Gabelshus again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights and was more than happy with everything about the hotel. It’s in a quiet residential area, easily accessible by public transport and paid parking on the street is easy. The reception staff were friendly & efficient. Even helped with the parking app and local grocery store direction (less than 5 mins walk). Breakfast buffet, mid afternoon snacks & dinner was all inclusive in the room booking. Great food & drink options. We had friends meet us there for meetings and it was easy to find a quiet area to chat, in the garden or in one of the seating areas. Hotel is nicely furnished and you can open the windows wide to get cross air flow. There’s construction of a new building nearby, but no noise during the night or day, so we had decent sleep. We had a room on level 4 and it was spacious and had a lovely green outlook. Would definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Karl Einar S, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Chau2011,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review with us and the TripAdvisor community. I am overjoyed to hear that you had such a good experience with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

All the best

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Hotel is very nice looking inside and outside also, located in quiet neighborhood.
Interior is like luxury hotel but with good taste. Standard room wasn't to big, but ok, bed ok....
Hotel breakfast is rich.
Hotel staff was very helpful, thanks.
------
Now the downside: in hot summer times you might consider other hotel as there no AC in rooms, at least in the older part of hotel. So after all day out in the roaring sun +27°C you finally arrive @ the hotel and you discover that in your room temp. in +26°C!!!
We did ask from reception is there any AC and answer was NO, but keep the window open! OK i understand that she could not do anything @ this point, she even offered us to check out some other room but it was pointless.
Otherwise i would give 4 or full 5 stars to this hotel, but in year 2018 all a little better hotels should have a AC!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room with AC or view to the street, not the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear zigloader,

Thank you for taking the time to share this good and honest review. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice stay with us.
In regards of the no AC in the room you stayed in I am sorry to say that in the old part of the hotel we only have cooling on the ventilation system and not AC. We are looking in to the possibilities to install this and hope it can be possible in the infrastructure of this old building.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly prior to your next arrival and I will make sure to allocate a nice and cool room for you. Karl.einar.sundby-bagaas@choice.no

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I stay two nights in this hotel. It’s a low cost alternative with a very relaxed atmosphere.

The service is good.

The rooms are average. They are clean, but old.

I would recommend this if you want an informal and quiet place to stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Karl Einar S, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Trond F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and the TripAdvisor community. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience with us and I am happy to inform you that we will refurbish the hotel i en the near future.
We hope to see you again soon.

All the best

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Following advice of a Friend I book the rom in Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus during my recent stay in Oslo. I was amazed by the style of the building and the room! The price includes breakfast and dinner which was as good as in a vegan (!) restaurant. I get all I need to survive as a vegetarian person. The service at the reception was indeed extraordinary. And I did not pay too much, having in mind Oslo pricing. I am sure I will be back to this hotel. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear EUPLWAWRK,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review.