US$203
US$365
US$190
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$260/night.

US$201
US$270
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$304/night.

US$191
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

US$162
  • Breakfast included
Saga Hotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$148
Scandic Vulkan(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$176
Citybox Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$464
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscharming hotelquiet neighborhoodtram stopmain buildingolder partlight evening mealfree dinnercity centreincluded in the pricebreakfast and dinnerpublic areastea and coffeemin walkincluded breakfastsmoked salmongreat breakfastnice room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is very nice looking inside and outside also, located in quiet neighborhood.
Interior is like luxury hotel but with good taste. Standard room wasn't to big, but ok, bed ok....
Hotel breakfast is rich.
Hotel staff was very helpful, thanks.
------
Now the downside: in hot summer times you might consider other hotel as there no AC in rooms, at least in the older part of hotel. So after all day out in the roaring sun +27°C you finally arrive @ the hotel and you discover that in your room temp. in +26°C!!!
We did ask from reception is there any AC and answer was NO, but keep the window open! OK i understand that she could not do anything @ this point, she even offered us to check out some other room but it was pointless.
Otherwise i would give 4 or full 5 stars to this hotel, but in year 2018 all a little better hotels should have a AC!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room with AC or view to the street, not the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Karl Einar S, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear zigloader,

Thank you for taking the time to share this good and honest review. I am delighted to hear that you had a nice stay with us.
In regards of the no AC in the room you stayed in I am sorry to say that in the old part of the hotel we only have cooling on the ventilation system and not AC. We are looking in to the possibilities to install this and hope it can be possible in the infrastructure of this old building.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly prior to your next arrival and I will make sure to allocate a nice and cool room for you. Karl.einar.sundby-bagaas@choice.no

Best regards

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I stay two nights in this hotel. It’s a low cost alternative with a very relaxed atmosphere.

The service is good.

The rooms are average. They are clean, but old.

I would recommend this if you want an informal and quiet place to stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Karl Einar S, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Trond F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and the TripAdvisor community. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience with us and I am happy to inform you that we will refurbish the hotel i en the near future.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Following advice of a Friend I book the rom in Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus during my recent stay in Oslo. I was amazed by the style of the building and the room! The price includes breakfast and dinner which was as good as in a vegan (!) restaurant. I get all I need to survive as a vegetarian person. The service at the reception was indeed extraordinary. And I did not pay too much, having in mind Oslo pricing. I am sure I will be back to this hotel. Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear EUPLWAWRK,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review.
I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and hope that you will return to Clarion Collection Gabelshus again in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 August 2018

I , my wife and my 2 year old son stayed at this hotel for a week in July. It was one of the best hotels we have stayed. The hotel is located in a calm location from where one can take either the bus or the tram to go to city. The afternoon sweets and the dinner provided were really convenient. This relieved us from searching for kid friendly restaurants in an unknown city after a days picnic. The morning breakfast was also fresh and rich in options. The availability of breakfast, afternoon sweets and dinner makes this hotel outstanding when compared with others. They have a centrally located coffee maker from where one can get espresso, cappuccino and other types of coffee any time. I think this is much better than the kettles with instant coffee provided in the rooms. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. I will really recommend families to choose this hotel. Overall, we had a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank GeorgeChiramel
Karl Einar S, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear GeorgeChiramel,

I am overjoyed to hear that you and your family had such a good experience with us and that you enjoyed every moment of your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We stayed here 5 nights and were very comfortable and would definitely return! The breakfast is great! The "light dinner" was very good...and substantial (meat or fish, 3 salads). The outside terrace is very enjoyable. The location was great....very close to a tram stop, but it's only a 20 minute walk to the city center. It's also a 5 minute walk to the trendy Frogner area. Our room was a little small, but it and the bed were quite comfortable. A nice perk was the daily newspapers (including the International NY Times). The fitness center is limited and in the basement---the weather was quite warm when we were there so the fitness center didn't really get used.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Karl Einar S, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear 365connie536,

I am overjoyed to hear that you had such a good experience with us and that you enjoyed every moment of your stay.
We hope to see you again soon.