1,129 results
All reviews budget hotel central station rooms are small noisy at night the main street breakfast buffet excellent location no air conditioning double room bed was comfortable karl johans gate great breakfast free tea and coffee airport train royal palace city centre yogurt
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Stayed here for one night, arrived in late afternoon and left quite early in the morning. I had lived here once before, but that was 20 years ago. I chose it this time because it cost less than the alternatives this time. I had flight to catch and wanted a hotel close to the central station and the airport express train (5 minutes walk). The area is like many downtown areas close to the railway station are, not the cosiest, but I knew what to expect so no problem.

It is categorized as a "budget" hotel by Thon Hotels, which means that you get all you need, but not much extra. What is it you need? A bed, a bathroom, a TV screen and a desk for work. This was well taken care of, even if the bed was a bit too soft for my liking. The room was very small, and I would recommend another hotel for longer stays if you plan to do other things than sleeping while in your room. But apart from that, my expectations was a three star hotel, and they were fulfilled. Very nice breakfast by the way, with a great variety of choices.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Cathrine B, General Manager at Thon Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear Arvehj,
Thank you so much for your review.

I am glad to hear our location and price suited you and that we met your expectations.

Thank you for your nice comment regarding our breakfast. We put great effort in our breakfast, so it is a true pleasure to hear that you enjoyed it.

Welcome back to Thon Hotels!

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Very nice, friendly hotel

PERFECT Location:
1/2 Block off of main pedestrian street Karl Johans Gate, which leads to the Palace, City Hall, most theaters and museums, etc
2 blocks from Main Train Station and Subway Entrance
a few blocks to waterfront and Oslo Opera House

** VERY GENEROUS and Delicious FREE Breakfast
w/ great assortment of Norwegian fish, meats, and breads, in addition to the regular eggs, bacon, and waffles

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Cathrine B, General Manager at Thon Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your very nice review and for sharing your experience.

It`s so wonderful for us to see such a good feedback and to see that our location was perfect for you and that our staff took good care of you under your stay.

Thank you for your nice comment regarding our breakfast. We put great effort in our breakfast, so it is a true pleasure to hear that you enjoyed it so much.

We warmly welcome you back to us for your next stay!

Reviewed 16 September 2016

This is certainly a budget hotel, so keep that in mind when reading other reviews which may complain about the room size. That being said, it is only blocks from the central train station and very convenient to everything. All the staff I interacted with were very friendly and helpful. English was not a problem with anyone. My room was a single person with private bathroom on the top floor. (There is a small elevator in the building.) It was admittedly a small room, but no worse for that reason, and very clean and comfortable. I could also tell that the rooms had been updated fairly recently (The bathroom floor was even heated) and it was perfect for what I was looking for. WiFi signal was a touch weak so far up in the building, but still worked fine. The breakfast offered was also quite nice with plenty of options.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Cathrine B, General Manager at Thon Hotel Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Thon Hotel Astoria and for sharing your nice review.

I am very happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our breakfast, central location and that our staff took good care of you.

Welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Reasonable value for Oslo (Norway is expensive) although room was small. It was particularly hot when we visited so the room was warm (no air conditioning) so we opened the windows. Buffet breakfast was very good, lots of choice and frequently tooped-up as customers came and go.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at Thon Hotel Astoria and for sharing your experience.

I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our breakfast so much.

Welcome back to Thon Hotel Astoria!

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for what we were looking for in this very expensive city. Price is reasonable. Location is perfect -- in the middle of everything!! 3 min walk to central station. Room was big (we had room that could sleep 4). Breakfast was awesome -- I don't say that often -- and saved us a lot of money being able to eat a nice meal here to start the day. So many items presented nicely.

Oh, and free coffee 24 hours a day.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your very nice review.

It is so wonderful for us to see such a good feedback and to see that you got a good value for money as our guest.
I am also glad to see that our location was a perfect match for you.

We warmly welcome you back to us for your next stay!