All reviews egon restaurant enjoyed my stay business center city centre nice hotel great breakfast nice room public transport airport bus shower curtain minutes walking hotel is located third floor clean rooms free wifi stayed one night pleasant stay
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I stayed from Friday to Sunday and it was lovely.

Nice shopping opportunities just outside the door and it was a nice and quiet area.
It was right next door to the Ullevaal Stadion though and I assume it must be a very noisy, when the stadion is busy.

Great breakfast with an amazing view over the stadion. Nice rooms. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Anna Marie F, Kundeansvarlig at Thon Hotel Ullevaal Stadion, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Hello Emmy_Simonsen

Thank you for the very nice review of our hotel, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.
There is a bit more guests around the stadium when we have matches, but inside the hotel it is usually very calm. Please let us know if you need any help making your next reservation.

Thon hotels Ullevaal stadion

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We stayed at this hotel, just a bit outside of the city centre since we needed to park the car. The hotel rooms are very clean and nice. But what makes this hotel special, is the view of the football arena at breakfast. Breakfast is the best I've had in a long time. Very friendly staff. The hotel is located in a small shopping center and with a choice of places to eat dinner. And the city centre is just a 5 min ride by metro.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello Beachr

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and had a great breakfast. You are more than welcome to visit us again, please let us know if you need any help making your next reservation. If you visit our web-page, thonhotels.com you will find our best prices.

Thon hotels Ullevaal stadion

Reviewed 23 May 2017

If you do not have a particular reason to stay in this part of town, you might want to re-think your location. Nothing wrong with the Ullevål area, but it's mostly residential. If you want to get a taste of the action Oslo can offer, it might be more fun to be closer to the downtown areas. If you're in town for football, though, you're in the right place.

Rooms are standard, clean and the beds are good. One side of the hotel faces the subway, another faces the highway, meaning that there will be some noise if you keep the windows open. The staff is welcoming and friendly, and you instantly feel at home.

The big plus is the breakfast, which is served at the VIP areas of the Ullevål Stadium, and hosted by UBC, owned by the investors Fursetgruppen, also owning other excellent restaurants in Oslo like Ekebergrestauranten, Lofoten fiskerestaurant, Maaemo and Tjuvholmen Sjømagasin. Excellent choice of hot and cold options, sweet and savory, healthy and indulging.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Anna Marie F, Kundeansvarlig at Thon Hotel Ullevaal Stadion, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Hello Anders B

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
I hope you will visit us again soon, and if you need any assistance making your next reservation, please let us know. The reception is available 24/7.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Location of the hotel is very practical for sports events. Good rooms with everything you need (minibar, we-fee, TV). Very polite and helpful staff. Short road to Ullevål Station for football matches.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Anna Marie F, Kundeansvarlig at Thon Hotel Ullevaal Stadion, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Hello Svein Erik
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, I hope you will have the chance to visit us again soon.
If you need any help with your next reservation, please let us know. We are available 24/7

Thon hotel Ullevaal stadion

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Let's start with the pros:
Great service and really nice rooms. Easily accessable with the tube, which actually is a con aswell if you really hate noise because the hotel is kind of close to the railway. Although I would say the noise level was above average I really didn't mind and the tube didn't wake me up in the morning even though I slept with the window open.

I only had one issue with the room in addition to the slightly noisy surroundings:
If you take a 10-15 minutes shower you have to be aware of flood on the bathroom floor. The shower in my room was spilling all over the place even though they had installed a shower curtain in addition to the glass wall. Really annoying!

Let's head over to the breakfast: Mostly positives here. Great selection! Fresh squeezed orange juice, boiled eggs, fried eggs, PLENTY of bacon, yoghurt, chocolate cake +++, and they also had a lot of seats.

If you have read my previous reviews, you know I really like waffles for my after-breakfast coffee and I was greatly surprised when I found out they actually had waffles! The sad thing though is that the waffles was the only thing that dissapointed me at breakfast was these waffles. I found them undercooked and they also tasted a bit to much cardamom in my opinion. But hey, at least they tried!
Great breakfast overall.

Despite of my clothes suffering from flood damage while I showered and waffles not being as good as I would have hoped, I would still rate this hotel as above average. Even though the room really was nice I will rate it average because of the shower issue because that really was annoying.

Thanks for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the stadium and away from the tube and you will be fine.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Anna Marie F, Kundeansvarlig at Thon Hotel Ullevaal Stadion, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Hello Marius S
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review.
I am so glad you had an overall nice stay at our hotel, and I hope you will visit us again soon.

Regarding your waffle-situation, I absolutely agree that it is one of the best things about the hotel breakfast experience, and I am sorry you were not satisfied during your last stay. I will make sure the breakfast-restaurant is made aware of your review, and I hope you will give both us and our waffles another chance.
If you make another reservation at our hotel, please notify us in advance, and we can give you a room that is further from the subway. Even though it was not a big problem for you, we can absolutely give you one of our quiet rooms facing the shopping street. It closes at 19.00, so there will be little noise on that end in the evening.

Thon hotell Ullevaal stadion