1,818 results
All reviews light dinner kate moss central station included in the price upstairs lounge evening buffet clarion collection afternoon snack free dinner fantastic breakfast top floor hotel breakfast superior room free coffee an expensive city the hotel offers breakfast is served
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Much better than I expected, quite big room and very quiet. Very dark though. Great wifi, ok gym, great breakfast lovely service and great free coffee. Bathroom design needs work, no where to put your stuff and shower went every where but no bath mat. I was there for a conference and this was the closest hotel to the conference centre and definitely worth staying. Trams to all the attractions right at the front door.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Luana_Urdalen, Kundeansvarlig at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear DrBrettC,

Greetings and many thanks for taking time to share your experience.
We are so happy to read : "Much better than I expected" at your review, it means a lot to us.
We took note of your comments about the bathroom design and the hotel colors, and will consider it as soon as our next opportunity to renovate our hotel.

We are looking forward to your return.

I wish you a great summer ahead,

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Clean rooms. At first we were given a large room with streetview. However the trams drive past the hotel regularly, which is quite noisy. So we changed to a different much smaller room on the other side of the building.

Breakfast buffet was plentiful and very very delicious.

Service was good and friendly.

Stayed: May 2018
Luana_Urdalen, Kundeansvarlig at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear FamiienOlesen4,

Thank you for taking time to share you feedback with us.
I am sorry that your first room with street view was quite noisy. It should't be like this and I promise you we will take a look at it.
We are happy to read that you found our breakfast buffet very delicious and with plentiful.

Welcome back,

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights in a Standard Double Room. Unfortunately I thought I had booked at a luxury boutique hotel but this definitely isn’t that. It is a basic tourist hotel at best. The area the hotel is in is quite scummy and probably the worst part of Oslo that I saw during my stay. It is convenient to Central Station and the Metro, and there are food options nearby but it wasn’t exactly a nice area to stay in (still safe but not overly appealing). The hotel itself is located off an arcade. My room faced into an atrium which felt a little dark and dingy but it was very quiet and even though there was a live site for the Champions League final at the back of the property I couldn’t hear a thing from it. The room I was allocated was on the 4th floor and was small but manageable. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small also but manageable. The room was missing a lot of basic items that you take for granted in hotel rooms such as an in room safe, clothes drawers, luggage rack, tissues and a bath mat. I ended up having to use a hand towel to wipe the floor after a shower which was annoying as there was no shower screen/ curtain to prevent water going onto the floor. I also observed housekeeping leaving doors of rooms open for long periods when they weren’t in them but not sure if those rooms were being serviced after a guest left. Sheets were not changed either during my stay. The positive things about the hotel was the breakfast which was a very comprehensive buffet and a small complimentary dinner buffet which was a great idea for anyone not particularly fussy with what they have for dinner and want a free meal. Overall I was disappointed with my stay given I thought had booked something much nicer, but this place was not good value for what I paid either. I would be looking at what other options are available in Oslo for my next stay.

Dear Aaron G,

Greetings and many thanks for your review of our property.
First I would like to apologize for your less than optimal experience at our hotel.
Our hotel is an business hotel, and everyday we work hard to deliver an amazing experience to our guests.
I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations.
I am happy to read that found our room quiet, and probably got a good night sleep, because of it.
Thank your for sharing your comments about our housekeeping leaving the doors open while they are cleaning the rooms.
The hotel works for the best interest of the guests, to protect them and theirs values, for this we have strict routines.
We will be discussing your comments with our hotel team.

I wish you a great summer ahead,

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Service, facilities and location!
High quality throughout all of the hotel and all the staff is very friendly.
The breakfast is one of the best in Oslo!
10/10 for my favorite hotel in Oslo, a true pleasure!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Luana_Urdalen, Kundeansvarlig at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Patrick Grant Gatman,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.
It's a motivation to our everyday life at the hotel to read such amazing words.

We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Did two days here. Near to the station and only a short walk to the water front. Breakfast was ok but the evening meal was very ordinary. It does save you a lot of money if you're on a budget. Room was a bit on the small side but the shower was excellent.

Dear Coops23,

Greetings and many thanks for your feedback.
As you wrote the hotel is located near to Oslo Central Station, in the heart Oslo.
We have different room categories at the hotel.
Please next time that you come back to Oslo and would like to stay with us, please send an email at your front desk : cc.folketeateret@choice.no, and we will make sure to find the room category that meets with your expectations.

I wish you a great week ahead.

Luana Urdalen.