All reviews living room train station nice hotel mini kitchen no window small balcony sitting area shower door business room opera house oslo fjord city hall great room the upper floors akershus fortress excellent breakfast aker brygge
Reviewed 16 March 2017

hotel breakfast is typical of a good buffet hotel breakfast in the United States. Lots of room to sit too. People at the front desk were very friendly. If you stay for 30 days or more, then you get utensils and pots/pans for the room mini-kitchen. I was on the 11th floor. Bedroom with bed was separated by a wall from the sofa and TV area. Bedroom had just enough space for the bed and nothing else. Interesting enough, there is a 13th floor in this hotel. Some rooms were in the process of getting new curtains so only had sheers in the room. Since the view were office buildings, we did not care. We did notice that the balcony door could not be locked although there is a lock. Again, we were so far up that it did not matter. Location is very nice in that you could get to many places by walking especially to the main shopping street 3 blocks away. Train station was about 4 blocks away where it could take you to the airport. The front desk arranged for a taxi but this cost almost 1000 krones for a one way to the airport. We did not want to drag our suitcases to the train station at 4 am. You can get a 24 hour transit pass that allows you to take bus, metro, or rail.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AnitaCoutts, General Manager at Thon Hotel Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Henry H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! And thank you as well for all the details you have given!

Our hotel was originally created with the purpose of becoming an apartment complex. That is why so many of our rooms are big, and come with a kitchen. We offer these rooms at request, even if their stay is less than 30 days, and do our best to fulfil the guest's wishes.

We are glad you used our practical location to your advantage! There is lots to do when staying at a hotel located in the city center!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in Oslo next time!

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Frendly personnel meet you at the reseption. Nice rooms, some with a good view over Oslo. Also family rooms. Some rooms have kitchen equipment, but you better enjoy the good breakfast downstairs. Only 3 minutes walk from the main street, Karl Johan.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no

Dear Kristian T

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed staying at our hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Oslo!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Stayed for one night and had booked a standard double room. Upon arrival check-in was swiftly and nicely handled. The room I got was on the 12th floor - spacious, had a balcony and a view towards the opera house. Unfortunately, someone had violated the non-smoking rule for the hotel and the room smelled from smoke even after I tried to air out. I called the concierge, who invited me to come back down to get a new room. A couple of minutes after I had the new room key in my hand, and I got a sweet surprise when I opened the door - they had upgraded my room to a suite (for free) and had said nothing.

My new room had the same balcony and view, and was on the same floor, but had a separate bedroom and coach area. Sleep comfort was excellent. Only thing I missed was a way to adjust the temperature in the rooms. There were no thermostats, but I found that I could adjust the wall heater behind the sofa. Would have liked to have the opportunity to adjust the bathroom separately, though.

The breakfast was excellent and fresh, and every staff member I encountered during my stay were nice and polite in a very non-intrusive way. The location is excellent for exploring downtown of Oslo. Would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat and will gladly stay here again!

Room tip: Ask for a room on one the top floors, they have balconies and view of the city.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
AnitaCoutts, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Panorama, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Lillian S,

Thank you very much for the kind and detailed review.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant and enjoyable stay here with us and that you found our staff to service-minded.

We are looking forward for your next stay here with us.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to Norway and it was a great one for the middle of winter. Breakfast was a great deal and there was something for everyone. The staff members was very courtesy and welcoming. As well as knowledgeable of the area. This was my favorite Thon Hotel and the rooms were awesome in the fact that they were spacious, comfortable, and the next best thing to home away from home.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear marcosz155,

Thank you very much for the kind review.

We are overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed so many various aspects of your stay with us.

We sincerely hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

The Breakfast in this Hotel is really great. The view is only in the Top floors available. The rooms are big and some also have a balcony. The service is excellent. Free koffee all the time. Just a small missconstruction in the bathroom.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Karsten S

Dear Karsten S,

Thank you for the kind review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.