All reviews perfect location decent size national gallery royal palace stortinget karl
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Pros: In the heart of the city so walking distance to business offices and Opera house, helpful receptionists and very nice shower.
Cons: Tiny beds, poor TV service, lift was too small, WIFI was too slow. Breakfast was usually left outside your door on a dirty rug. I usually moved it from there into the bin. Spent more time outside just to come back to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris O
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We only stayed one night on our Nordics round trip. Of course it is a cheap hotel but it also felt really cheap. Breakfast was a sandwich (it hangs outside of your room in a bag) with a juice (not tasty). Room
Had no AC, and the window was to the big street... There was no possibility for parking except of the expensive "center parking", more than 30€ per night. Good thing was it was clean and wifi was good.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christian D
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I wanted to stay cheap in Oslo so I booked a room in P-Hotels but also as this was a last minute booking this was the only reasonable price for a good location. Yes the hotel has the perfect location as it is close to downtown that served me well.
The room was small but OK and the bed was also ok but I would have liked the second pillow. The television was behaving strangely but I unplugged the antenna and attached it again so I was able to receive maybe 3 channels but not more.
The staff was friendly but the breakfast was terrible. The orange juice did not taste like an orange juice.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2016

There is a guide book publication that I have trusted and relied on in the past with no problems. In this case, however, I couldn't have been more misled and I will never use it again. For this hotel, the guide book said it had comfortable rooms, decent bathrooms, and tea and coffee making equipment in the rooms. None of that is true.

Furthermore, they failed to mention:
The shower is a triangle in a corner with flimsy door and sides;
The light switch to the bathroom was hanging by a thread and what must have been an outlet was missing and in pieces on the floor;
The bedside light and the desk lamp are those goose-neck penlights that focus a bright light exactly where you bend/point it, leaving the rest of the room in near darkness;
My tv had four channels in Norwegian, and another guest told me they got two channels;
The wi-fi was sketchy and kept failing when I was trying to message with my son;
The one computer in the lobby has ancient software and freezes and has to be rebooted, and it must happen often because the receptionist knew what to do in that case;
The carpet in the hallway was horribly stained as if there had been a flood. It didn't smell, so apparently it was totally dried out and cleaned, but the stain was still there, the whole length and about half way side to side. Very ugly and off-putting.
The elevator is very old and has a very heavy door that you have to shoulder open while getting your luggage inside it.
And last but not least, I saw a menu at the reception desk for a pizza place, so I asked the receptionist to please order me a pizza and a salad. When it arrived, it was a large (giant) pizza for me, one person. In cahoots with the pizza place, ya think? $57.68 USD for a pizza, salad, a small bottle of tea.
The receptionist on duty when I checked in was sweet, helpful and friendly. The next receptionists were the opposite.

I have never written a bad review, but this place is the pits. Maybe my expectations were too high (basic), based on the guide book info. And don't even mention the hospitality strike while I was there, it had nothing to do with these things. I've stayed in better places in third world countries. The only reason I gave this two stars is the good location.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank J P
Reviewed 24 June 2016

This hotel is ok, its a budget hotel and it has small rooms with single beds. They miss the hairdryer, the shoestick and the small details that hotels should have. the big upside is the location, right in the middle of Oslo centrum, close to all the tings tourists should see in town.

Breakfast is put outside the room door in the morning and is a sandwich (two pieces of bread with some ham and cheese) and "Orange Juice"

Regarding the staff they say hello and goodbye, but the impression is that they dont provide top service, at least they smiled.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business