All reviews walking distance to the city centre day ticket ferris wheel twin room cleaning staff metro station breakfast buffet excellent hotel prater wien tv hairdryer
Reviewed 28 August 2018

The rooms are small and don’t have air conditioning, or even a simple fan, it was hot here in August. Having the window open was the only option if you could stand the constant noise from the railway. The place was clean and tidy, staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are serviced with a change of towels and sheets daily, there is breakfast available for €6.90 which is okay. There is a Hofer ( Aldi ) a couple of doors down and a Billa super market across the road. The hotel is also very close to Praterstern station. Would I recommend this place to a friend? .... No I would not, I would go to Ibis, they are a similar price, have a/c and are quieter.

Room tip: All rooms are noisy, the ones with the trains going past the window are the quietest. Cooler month would be better.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

If you can find another place do it, we arrived to find a dirty room with insects crawling everywhere, and an awful smell, the bathroom was horrific,the tile grout was black and hanging from the walls, the paint was old and cracked, I don't think any renovation has been done for at least 30 years, the photo on here of the courtyard is incorrect and now is full off weeds, at breakfast we where told we could only have 1 coffee and a certain amount of food TERRIBLE please don't come near the place

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

If I wanted to be woken up at 7am by loud voices I would have stayed in a hostel. Honestly the cleaning crew spoke to each other in the hallway from one corridor to another with maximum volume voices on a Sunday morning. The heating system can't be controlled in the rooms so at night we were hot and in the morning it turned completely off leaving us cold. The cleanliness is debatable because of huge stains on the bathroom sink.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank rayak2015
Reviewed 11 January 2018

I really don't understand the bad reviews, Maybe I have good luck and got great room and service but what I paid for were really happy with the room, it was very clean, the staff were friendly and it is walking distance to the city centre. The only problem is the wifi wasn't great walk to metro was not bad at all 5 min or so, and you can literally go anywhere to city center and also you can eat fast food near metro station McDonnell's.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mitesh v
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Novum Hotel for 3 nights. The room booked was with a single bed. I was very surprised how clean the bathroom was. The room itself was very cosy with a comfortable bed and plenty of cupboards and wardrobe space for your belongings. A TV and desk space to work from. What more can you ask for.

Reception Staff were very friendly and accommodating. They speak very good English which helped tremendously. The cleaning staff were also very friendly and attentative. I felt in a very safe environment and not have to worry about my belongings at all.

Location wise, it's brilliant. Literally 5 minutes walk to Wien Pattersten Train station and 15 minutes walk into downtown.

Transportation is very good with ample tram services and trains to go virtually anywhere in Vienna. A single day ticket is €2.20 but you can purchase weekly monthly or yearly passes.

I highly recommend this Hotel due to staff friendliness, location and price.

If you have any questions please respond and I shall answer them as best as I can.

5 star from me.