1,785 results
All reviews the executive lounge plaza room the penthouse ring road beautiful hotel hilton vienna walking distance the air conditioning an upgrade tram station mini bar room was large major attractions old city city centre comfortable rooms public transportation
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Stayed three nights as part of an Odysseys Unlimited tour. Hotel is very well located, close to attractions in the older part of the city. The room was large with a king size bed. Since I was on a tour I did not receive any Hilton Honors Diamond perks though the front desk did give me 2 bottles of water when asked.

Our tour was late in arriving so our tour guide asked if we could be accommodated for dinner. They were able to do it for 10 of us at a time. We had 2 dining times. This was not an issue - we appreciated not having to find a place for dinner and it was great the tour picked up the cost due to circumstances that resulted in the late arrival. The dinner was simple - a small serving of cheese gnocchi with bread and apple strudel. Both were delicious.

I found out on the last day that eggs cooked to order were available at breakfast by ordering from a waiter. Wish there had been something on the table that indicted that. I decided to order an omelet with green pepper and onion. When it arrived it was overloaded with onion and no green pepper. I don't think the waiter understood what I wanted. I ate a few bites and decided it was too much onion. The waiter came up and told me to eat the omelet before it got cold. I ignored him. He came back again and told me to eat my omelet. I told him I did not like it and he told me that was because I let it get cold. I informed him that was not the case - I just did not like it due to the amount of onion. He said that's the way we make it here.Others at my table commented on his overbearing attitude.

Otherwise the stay was very nice.

Room tip: Away from the front windows on the busy street
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
HiltonViennaPlaza, Guest Services at Hilton Vienna Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JLC_57,

thank you for choosing Hilton Vienna Plaza and for reviewing your stay with us. I am glad you overall enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to apologize for the attitude of the breakfast staff member. Let me assure you that the mentioned kind of attitude is not our standard. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

This Hilton in Vienna is very impressive, the lobbh is big( was able to accomodate our group of 45 pax); the bedroom and the bathroom are spacious and clean, the bed is perfect! The breakfast buffet selection is very good with dimsum and white rice... the location is near the city center and with three Catholic Churches nearby including the St Stephen Cathedral.. highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Torregosa L,

thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit. I was delighted to read that you have had a positive visit to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

We were 3 adults , we got upgrading room but the bed (which is called queen bed) was somewhat small for 2 normal size people. The staff tried to help with another single bed which also was small for the third person .
We dont exepct these kind of problems in hilton hotels , and we have been at other hilton hotels .
. apart from from this issue - the staff was very helpful , excellent breakfast and great location

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Navigator23995,

thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Hilton Vienna Plaza. We are glad you overall enjoyed your stay with us and would like to apologize for the issue caused by the bed type. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

The Hilton Vienna Plaza is a great classic hotel and one of the more upscale Hilton's. When you walk in the door, you notice that the lobby has the classic decor of a grand ballroom. Reception is off to the side in a comfortable sitting area with ample chairs and couches. The front desk staff is courteous and affable although check-in seems a bit inefficient (it is that way for most of Europe).

The hallways to the rooms were well-lit and well-signed, and in very good condition. I was happy to find out they upgraded me to a larger room on the far corner of the hotel. The room was modern and in very good condition. The bed was comfortable, the TV was big (with few channels in English though), and the bathroom was updated with modern accoutrements. The executive lounge was well maintained and had ample seating. Breakfast there was decent and happy hour was enjoyable: There was a large selection of food and booze. I never felt that the Hilton Plaza was a worn down facility.

The Hilton Plaza's location was great, with a metro station right around the corner and a tram stop in front. It was easy to get anywhere in Vienna with those two means of transportation. The restaurant options in the neighborhood seemed to be limited (I never ate in the hotel restaurant), so be prepared to walk or ride somewhere. If I had to knock the hotel down a half point, it would be on the windows: They weren't sound-proofed and we could hear traffic, especially ambulances, outside. Otherwise the Hilton Vienna Plaza was a top-notch hotel and I'd love to stay there again.

Room tip: Get a room that doesn't face one of the streets as the windows aren't sound-proofed
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HiltonViennaPlaza, Guest Services at Hilton Vienna Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear UNH_90,

thank you for choosing Hilton Vienna Plaza. Great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your fantastic feedback on our hotel. I will be sure to share your kind words with the entire team. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Location is 10 minutes walk into central area and 20 minutes to Museum Quarter. Front desk staff were extremely helpful, especially Diana and Andrea, who were brilliant. Emilie restaurant was very good with attentive staff who accommodated my requests. Buffett breakfast offered a wide range of choices which was good to see but very busy each morning so at times difficult to find a table. Had 2 rooms on the sixth floor which were large and well cleaned but in-room coffee making facilities were poor. No milk provided and none replenished by housekeeping. Very limited supply of tea and coffee as well. Also agree with another reviewer that bottled water should be provided as a minimum for a room welcome. It is in the executive rooms so why not in all the others? All in all a good hotel and would recommend it for location, attentive staff and large clean rooms.

Room tip: Plaza rooms are good size.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Citybluebirds

Dear Citybluebirds,

thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Hilton Vienna Plaza. We are glad you overall enjoyed your stay with us and would like to apologize for coffee making facilities not being refilled. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.