“Great food, great place!”

Restaurant Fromme Helene
Ranked #146 of 4,678 Restaurants in Vienna
Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Josefstadt
Reviewed 3 May 2018

One of the best restaurants in Vienna. Most of the time fully booked so make a reservation. Perfect schnitzel, perfect fish. Excellent wine. The service was fast and very friendly. The place is nice and warm.

2  Thank Ruud V

Reviewed 1 May 2018

In Vienna You must of course test local tradition, Wienerschnitzel. For that we chose restaurant Fromme Helene, which was quite close to our hotel and specialized into local Austrian food. Restaurant was full booked for that evening, but luckily we were quite early there and they found free table for us from the inner court-yard. It looked very beautiful and cozy there, on nice and warm evening.

So, I chose Wienerschitzel from veal with traditional potato salad. My wife preferred fish and took grilled trout, but also she tested my schnitzel. The schnitzel was just perfect, enough big and very tasty with excellent structure. Quite on other level than schnitzels, that I have earlier eaten elsewhere. Also potato salad was really good. My wife was also pleased to her fish choice.

Service in this restaurant was very friendly and fast. And price level was surprisingly low compared to quality of food. So, we can warmly recommend this restaurant, but better to have a table reservation since restaurant seems to be very popular.

2  Thank TurkuCouple
Reviewed 11 April 2018

The friendly staff managed to find us a table even tough the restaurant was fully booked. We were lucky that we were on move early enough so we could squeeze in. The dinner was really good and there were plenty on local cuisine to choose from. Will surely come back again.

2  Thank PTR2014
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I gave them five starts because I got from them all I’m simply expecting from a restaurant: tasty enjoyable food, a nice comfortable place and service, a good value for money price.;)

2  Thank Working T
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Restaurant Fromme Helene is nice place for good lunch or dinner situated in Josefstaedter Strasse, opposite to Josefstaedter Theatre. Good choice on local dishes. very polite and fast staff. Prices are moderate and dishes rich. You can meet theatre people there, and what is important, lot of locals eat there, not only tourists.