All reviews rooftop pool decorated hotel unusual decor fun hotel lighthouse beach russian guests buffet breakfast kings road bbc world news ideal location bars and restaurants garden view fresh fruit the bus min walk to the harbour the ground floor a bit tired
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Good location. Very quiet and relaxing hotel. Prior to booking, I checked the wheelchair access. Which was pretty good. small carpeted ramp to swing door leading to disabled rooms. shower seat, toilet rails and folding door to the bathroom. The room was big clean and comfortable. The decor is interesting. I liked the painting on the wall in the bedroom. The hotel is very pretty inside and out. A/C and wifi free. The staff were friendly and polite and the maid was lovely.
I've only ever stayed in two hotels where they have not helped with luggage or shown you to your room. This being one of them. My husband had to push me up the ramp open the door then go back for two cases and two backpacks. Not ideal.
We only had one breakfast all week due to sleeping late and trips out. But it was pretty good with a lot of choices.
The pool area and bar I only saw once. We were returning to the hotel one afternoon and thought we might have a drink by the pool and a swim. (I wouldn't have been able to use the pool due to step ladders) It did look nice with the plants around it and gives privacy. We entered from the side road but couldn't get around the pool to the bar or the ramp to reception or our room for sun loungers. Other guest stared at me in the wheelchair but didn't move. I mentioned this to the reception in the hope they would ask them to keep the bottom of the ramp clear and all they said was oh sorry. Evening meals and the bar were around the pool area but because of the access, we didn't go back down there.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and will come back again. I think next time we will hire a car and explore more.
Paphos is nice, very hot, and for the most part wheelchair access is very good. Mostly bars. restaurants and a few shops. The mall is just over the road from the hotel. Disabled toilets on both floors and another disabled toilet where the showers are near sunbeds along the marina.
I was disappointed with the shopping in Paphos, The old town was better. Banks charge a fee to change money. There are signs in the marina area for the shops that change money with exchange rates which are a lot better and no commision.
We did two trips to the Turkish side of Cyprus, Nicosia and Famagusta and I enjoyed those a lot. The shopping there is better. We visited the museums and archaeological sites. A lot not great for wheelchairs but my husband took photos and video for me. There was so much more I would like to have seen and done and a week just wasn't enough.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank tc0
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I booked 9 months ago for 1 night and when we arrived( in shoulder season) at noon to drop off the luggage we were told our room had technical problems ( vague about A/C or maybe water) and we were being put up at another hotel! I was pretty upset because I did a lot of research ( not enough apparently) to pick this hotel for its location to the ruins. I checked out reviews on the other hotel and they were not as favorable but we had no choice unless we wanted to spend the day looking for a room.

There were lots of people in the lobby and they were quite discreet but unyielding when I asked why they could not relocate someone else. We figured out when asking our other hotel that they were oversold and since we only booked one night we were out of luck. We have traveled to over 120 countries and this is the first time any thing like this has happened to us. Shame on you Roman Boutique Hotel!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ceg51
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Stayed here our first night in Paphos, comfortable room, lovely view of the outdoor sitting area and great location. Cheesy decor but adds to the charm of the place. Breakfast was your standard buffet.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank imw86
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our tour of Cyprus, 20/08/18, and it was great! Parrots welcomed us as we walked in to the hotel, the welcome desk staff were very helpful and allowed us to check in early and the room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We picked this hotel because I have a big facination with ancient culture and the decor of the hotel did not disappoint! A nice mix of ancient Greece and Rome with amazing painted walls, sculptures and furniture.

The swimming pool was a relaxed place, had plenty of sun beds and a well stocked bar.

Breakfast was a delicious buffet with loads of choice, we left with full stomachs and very happy with the stay.

The pictures show a real representation of the hotel so if you don't like the look, don't book. If you are looking for an unusual looking hotel, and something a bit different to the package holiday hotels, then I reccommend you book here!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoshWatson1988
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Great location. Great service. Quaint hotel with a warm and friendly feel. Pool area lovely. If u r looking for a modern hotel then it's not for you. Great shopping mall directly opposite if u love shopping

Date of stay: July 2018