“Nice apartment in a central area in Sliema”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Laida Apartment

Side seaview view from Apartment Balcony to Seashore Terrace with Table & Chairs at rear of Apartment
Check Availability
Terrace with Table & Chairs at rear of Apartment
Smart TV at Living area
Dining table
Dining to Kitchen area view
Kitchen breakfast bar and kitchen
Living area with Smart TV
Children's play area close to Apartment
Seashore Lido (Public Pool) by Apartment
Double bedroom (Air Conditioned)
Double bedroom (Air Conditioned)
Bedroom with pullout single bed (Air Conditioned)
Rear Terrace with table & chairs
Sliema Promenade 4 minutes walk away
Modern fully equipped kitchen
Seashore Lido (Public Pool) by Apartment
Large modern kitchen with breakfast bar
Bathroom with shower over bathtub
Dining area
Table & Chairs view at rear Terrace
Coastline by the Apartment
Sliema views from Portomaso Harbour
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Anna C
Melbourne, Australia
“Not impressed the moment I entered the apartment”
Reviewed 6 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

AS I entered the apartment all I could see is dust and hair on the floor. My second impression as I entered into kitchen/dining area, I saw finger marks all over cupboards, fridge, stove, TV and appliances. The washing machine had fluff and hair around the rim. The sink was not sparkling clean. As I entered the bathroom, the towels where grey in colour, not fluffy white and beautiful to use. The bedrooms did not have block out blinds but had thin blinds and morning light entered the rooms. They provided new block out blinds quite promptly. We had to wait for the apartment to be re-sscleaned. Very inconvenient and ambarasing for my Italian friends which was their first time in Malta. On the Saturday night on my return to the apartment, I couldn't enter the building because the door handle turned 360degrees. It was very frustrating at 0100hrs. I had to wake up my friends to allow me entry.. Not happy.
The elevator broke down 3 times in the 10 nights I was there. Windows where dirty. There where no flyscreens on doors and windows, consequently, no circulating air whilst I was sleeping with bedroom door closed for my privacy and my friends privacy.
Also my mattress was a spring type and uncomfortable, not much padding and had to sleep in the centre of the mattress and it had a slant to the side. Pillows smelt of other peoples odour and flat and hard from overuse. The duvet cover had balls all over it and hair stuck to it. and the end of the duvet was placed at the head of the bed, instead of the other way round. All in all it was not comfortable stay. I had requested a mattress topper or an exchange of mattress and this matter was not addressed. In fact I was told, Oh! the mattress is only 3 years old.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: bed, bedding, linen/towels, lift unserviceable 3 times, door knob downstairs to enter the building was useless
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Management Response
6 Jun 2016
Dear Anna, Firstly allow me to apologies for the cleanliness upon your arrival, upon your notification we had the maid back over there within 30 minutes to reassess and clean again.

Honestly we have rune the property for almost 2 years and in those 2 years nobody commented on the existing blinds in the bedroom, however I came over to inspect and the very next day we installed complete roller blackout blinds.

The matter of the main block entrance door was registered with the block administrator, I personally visited the property on three occasions whilst you had residency and although the door handle does rotate I entered without a problem.

In terms of your other registered issues re; the light outside the Apartment door was not working I left you a note to inform you the switch was on the inside of the Apartment and had to be left on where the motion sensor will activate when you come out of the lift. If you recall we had several sand storms from North Africa leaving marks on everybody's windows including mine.

I do apologies for the lack of French restaurants.

I do apologies for the lack of Government street light, we never had an issue where someone couldn't see the Apartment name before.

In terms of the mattress we never had a complaint till now from yourself, your memory foam mattress at home is most definitely different from a pocket sprung mattress, just for the record the mattress was purchased August 2014 I was the property brand new.

In summary I do apologies for the issues you have raised, we acted promptly in solving all your request, but the mattress has served guest very well indeed and may be a matter of self preference, I sleep on a water latex mattress and do find when staying at hotels or private accommodation the mattress is most certainly different.

Your Italian friends when I visited on one occasion thanked me for our prompt response in arranging the above mentioned, advising me all was fine and not to worry.
beemoz
Swansea
“Nice apartment in a central area in Sliema”
Reviewed 19 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

Went with my wife and mother. The apartment was well presented and in a nice area. The side view from kitchen/diner to the sea was nice but quite narrow. The veranda in the back was nice but peace and quiet during the day was disturbed by constant drilling nearby - luckily we were out during the day otherwise it would have been definitely irritating. Electricity was credited but if you went over the amount you would have had to pay extra. Shops and cafes nearby but entering the apartment block there were 5 steps which we didn't know about for my elderly mother. Getting to Tigne Point area for the shopping mall and restaurants by bus was really awkward too. But the weather made up for everything!
awkward

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The quality of the apartment
Liked least: Intermittent wifi and poor selection of tv channels - few English speaking stations
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jackie G
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Excellent apartment”
Reviewed 19 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Stayed at this apartment with husband, daughter her husband and two grandchildren, age 6 and 1. Great place so convenient to get about. We managed to do a deal with the Lido across the way so spent most days there.The apartment has everything you need even included beach towels.There was even tea bags,coffee, sugar and all cleaning materials including tablets for dishwasher and washing machine. All the staff that help book this and the lady that met us on arrival could not have been more helpful. We also book the transfer through the same company which was great as they supplied baby seat and bumper seat for the grandchildren. We even booked a day at Golden bay with the same driver.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lovely and clean and convenient to get about
Liked least: The lift although I did know it was quite small as friend has an apartment in same block.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
JMilhazes
London, United Kingdom
“Best place to stay in Malta”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I spent an week with friends in this amazing, beautiful apartment. Nothing was missing, is very spacious and there is a great balcony in the back to enjoy a drink after a day spent at the beach! The location of the flat is perfect, just a few steps from Sliema seafront and plenty of bars and restaurants around. If you want to go to Valletta there is the ferry close by. From the booking till the end of the holiday the owner replied promptly to all my emails and enquiries, thanks! Cannot wait to go back, love Malta!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment condition, spotless
Liked least: That only the front balcony had view to the sea
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ellen B
Wokingham
“Excellent apartment in great location”
Reviewed 8 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Enjoyed a 9 day stay at this aoartment on Oct 2014 , well appointed very clean and very central location but quiet . Weather was great and everywhere accessible by local bus services

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$112
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing