3,826 results
All reviewschurch bellstemptasian restaurantinfinity poolcomfort roomtabloid restauranttown cafetop floorfive star hotellovely hotelsparkling winesauna and steam roomjunior suitesea fronttea and coffeest julianssister hotelshort break
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My new wife and i were after a short break with the guarantee of some sun. We chose Malta as it the flights fitted with our schedule and the Palace due to the reviews.
The hotel didn't disappoint. The initial impression was very good and we have a very efficient check in. We were given room 902, an ambassador suite which had amazing views. Some people have complained about the beds and pillows but we found ours to be very comfortable.
The service in the hotel is very good. The breakfast comprehensive. We also had a deal that gave us a complimentary mini bar plus 10% off food and drink.
One night we went for the set Indian menu in TemptAsian. It was excellent food in an excellent venue. Rita made us very welcome in the restaurant and it was great to see such happy and enthusiastic staff. Good value too when considering the wine and water offering.
The cocktails in "Talk of the Town" were also excellent value in happy hour.
The pool area is larger than I though, with an additional adult only section.
The negatives, the pool was freezing which was highlighted by the amount of use it had. The shower leaked all over the floor every time we showered.
Would we go back? Yes definitely. It's close to everywhere, including the ferries to the beautiful Valetta.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark I
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Mark I,

It is most gratifying to know that your first stay at The Palace lived up to your expectations.

On behalf of all the staff I thank you for placing your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

Should you require any help with making reservations for your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be only too happy to help you out.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived at 11.30 on an early flight and were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready as the normal room check in is 15.00. Front of house staff were pleasant and efficient, and check in was a not a hassle. Superior room 542 was allocated and has a nice quiet aspect overlooking rooftops with distant sea views. The accommodation was very clean with a large balcony which gets the sun in the morning. Two bottles of water are supplied free every morning and there is a fridge and safe in the room. Only problem was that the bed and pillows are very soft.TV has british news channels which was enough for us. Towels and bathroom soaps etc were replaced every day. Shower was excellent once we worked out how to operate the overhead one with the bath control knob.
Plentiful hot water at all times of day.
Breakfast was hot and cold buffet style and plentiful with option to have egg dishes made to order. We had tea and coffee from the machine as we found it better than the table service. Sparkling wine was available if you fancied it, and variety of fresh fruits, waffles were excellent. Ate once in the tabloid restaurant but were not very impressed, lots of good restaurants within 10 minute walk. Lovely rooftop infinity pool with stunning views over the city and good but expensive cafe serving snacks and drinks.
The hotel gets very busy with weddings and corporate events so be prepared for that. All in all ,we enjoyed our 7 night stay and did not consider it expensive although we rate the hotel 4 star for facilities and 5 star for staff.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frederick R
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Frederick R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was delighted to read that your stay was to your full satisfaction. I look forward to share your great comments with the entire team at The Palace.

I hope to welcome you back in the future and if I can be any further assistance please, do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Great room, great location, great view - but a lot of amateur mistakes, makes for an overall rating of 2/5.
When we arrive at 15:00 for checkin, the room wasnt ready and we had to wait 15 minutes in the reception. Even though checkin is from 15:00.
The second day i asked the reception to have a technician, cause the phone in the room doesnt work - 3 days later, no technician have been here. Then they call from the reception, on a phone that is barely able to hear anything, cause THEY forgot to get the credit card information as we checked in, that now our bill is above 100€ , and they are worried if it can be payed. So because of THEIR mistake, they make you feel like a criminal.
They are even worried that you steal their towels, so to get a pool towel, you have to bring "cards" to have them handed out, and return the towels again to get your card or you will be punished with 20€ per card. After atleast 50 stays in 5 star hotels, its the first time I experience you having to return your own towels after use, that should be a service, as it is in any other hotel we stayed. This hotel can't be recommended, if you want a professional service from the reception.
Temptasian restaurant was a really really disappointed experience, and cannot be recommended. We had to wait 10 minutes just to get a menu card - and not a single dish of what we ordered was to our liking. The sushi rolls too big and too much rice. The cold vietnamese springrolls was so sacky that it couldent be chewed. The warm duck springrolls was so dry, that I wouldent even serve it to my dog - and the crispy beef was so dry, as it has no sauce/juice.
These are all problems you don't want to have to deal with on a vacation, where you should be able to clear your mind and just enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LarsB1245

Dear Lars B,

While we thank you for your recent stay at The Palace, we regret not meeting your expectations and apologize for the inconveniences.

Nevertheless, we value your feedback and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I've stayed in this hotel only 2 nights and wanted to treat myself to a 5-star experience.
The staff was very friendly and helpful but the whole place is definitely NOT what you expecting from a 5-star Hotel.

My room on the 6th floor was big and clean but had no view and only a window on to the corridor of the hotel.
The lighting in that whole Hotel isn't very good and everything feels a bit dark when you are in the corridors.

The pool bar had very poor service. I had to go and order on a kiosk stand and you expect definitely more of a roof terrasse in a 5-star hotel.

I have to say that I haven`t stayed in Malta before and therefore can't say if the other 5 Star options are also only average, but I would only give it 3 stars!

But if I would have booked a 3-star Hotel I would not complain.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank melania f
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear melania f,

Providing great service and accommodation is our everyday goal and rest assured the issues you have raised will be given utmost attention and appropriate action will be done. Please know that our Operations team has reviewed your concerns related to ensure guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We had a deluxe room which was spacious, with a good size balcony with sight of the sea. It is some distance from the front so you mainly overlook roof tops of nearby buildings. Water is provided free in the room daily but has to be paid for at mealtime (€5) though tea and coffee are unlimited. Breakfast was the usual selection with eggs done to personal requirements. The evening meal aimed to be more upmarket in its choice of items which were interesting to try but didn't always hit the mark. There was a failure in the basics of soups, which lacked flavour and vegetables, which tended to be underdone. The overall experience was good with plenty of choice and quality but left room for improvement. All staff were friendly and helpful. Everywhere was clean and well presented. The hotel is close to a large supermarket should you require anything and five minutes from the ferry to Valletta and the bus terminus. The indoor facilities are good and highly recommended.

Room Tip: The eighth floor is handy for the rooftop pool and sun bathing and for the indoor pool, sauna and fitness gym.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David K
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear David K,

On behalf of the entire team at the The Palace, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your most recent experience with us.

I am particularly thrilled to read the excellent feedback, rest assured I will pass your amazing feedback to each and every department. It is a great motivation for the entire team to receive this positive review.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back and host you again and provide you with the most enjoyable experience.

Kevin Callus,