Lowest prices for your stay
US$55
Expedia.comUS$49
Lol.travel
Trip.comUS$47
2,710 results
All reviews penny black bar charles portelli rooftop pool sister hotel lovely hotel front office manager reception staff sea front steep hill quiet area enjoyable stay breakfast and dinner asian restaurant visiting malta half board restaurant staff short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We have been regular clients staying at the The AX-Victoria and its sister hotel The AX-Palace hotels in Sliema, Malta since 2014 and would not endeavour to look anywhere else where to stay. Their central and convenient location in this cosmopolitan town in Malta suits both young and old. Restaurants within close proximity of these hotels abound and there is also a pleasant sea-front for a relaxing evening stroll within easy reach. Access to public transport is also conveniently located. Both hotels exhibit modern amenities, with a very welcoming foyer with helpful staff highly committed to the product they provide. The majority of the rooms are spacious, clean and provide all amenities expected of a modern accommodation. Some also provide exceptional views of the south side of the island. Breakfast is lavish and plentiful with a large number of staff ready to attend to all your needs. But the icing on the cake are the staff and their high level of commitment to customer service. Their attitude is client-focused going out of their way to ensure the visitor has a pleasant stay. Because currently the pandemic prevents us from visiting Malta, we cannot wait for the time to be able to experience AX-Hotels hospitality again hopefully in the not-too-distant future. This is a highly recommended group of hotels! M & A ABELA

Room tip: Higher floors provide best views of the Island.
Date of stay: April 2020
Ludgarda Schembri, Sales at AX The Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Dear marioabela219,

We send a big THANKS for your review.

We read with pleasure that your past visits to our Sliema Hotels have left such beautiful memories. It is great that our staffs' hospitality is not simply taken for granted.

We do hope you will consider returning to our AX brand as well, in one of our other 5 properties on the island – you may feel free to contact us by referring to the various social media platforms including our website.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

As a family we have stayed at this hotel many times and are really missing it and our twice yearly visits. It is a second home for us and my youngest daughter will not stay anywhere else and keeps asking when we can go back. The staff have become friends and we are missing them. Looking forward to when we can return and celebrate more family occasions, they make the best birthday cakes!

Room tip: All the rooms are good and if you want an extra pillow or a hard mattress you just have to ask,
Date of stay: April 2020
Ludgarda Schembri, Sales at AX The Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Dear lizmS61FR,

We wish to extend our thanks for the excellent review.

It is a pleasure to read that our team's efforts are recognized in such a manner and that your multiple yearly visits are each time a success.

Reading your comments about your daughter is especially encouraging, because this means that even the younger generation appreciates our staff's efforts.

We do hope and look forward to hosting your family soon again.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

Visits 49,50 & 51 to this wonderful hotel should have been enjoyed but for obvious reasons these have not taken place.
If the last 12 months has confirmed anything it is how much we have missed everything about The Victoria Hotel. The rooms are great and the staff are wonderful.
We cannot begin to appreciate how difficult the last 12 months must have been for all the hotels in the AX Hotels group but are sure they will get through this terrible time.

We cannot wait until we can travel once again and visit Malta and The Victoria Hotel.

Date of stay: March 2021

Dear MaltaFanatics,

We thank you for the vote of confidence - it is moving to read such a testimony as yours about our group and of course about our very hard working team at the AX Victoria Hotel.

Exactly 12 months ago, hotels were faced with a situation no one would have imagined - in the meantime our group is focusing on keeping our Hotels and staff safe and of course in keeping our staff ready for your return.

We keep our fingers crossed that visit 49 will be sometime soon and until then, send sunny regards from Malta.

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

We have really missed our winter break staying at the lovely Hotel Victoria. It’s like a second home for us and we can’t wait to return when the pandemic is over!

The staff are the best asset of this lovely hotel. We have been in regular contact with staff during the pandemic and we are really looking forward to seeing Charles, Dorianne and all the staff soon.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear coling811,

We wish to extend our thanks for the excellent review as well as rating.

It is a pleasure to read that our efforts have in the past, helped to tick all your boxes and may have even helped to make your stays in our hotel so memorable.

Especially your comments about our staff are appreciated. We thank you on behalf of Charles, Dorianne and the team.

So hold on to those memories and keep safe - we are making sure that your next winter break will be safe and as memorable.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

This is an excellent hotel and the best I have ever stayed in, in Malta and believe you me I have stayed in many, most are no longer operating and those that are, are below the excellent facilities that The Victoria offers in so many ways. I miss the friendliness of the staff and the professionalism. I miss the helpfulness and facilities and the fact that nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are great and I always get great attention and immediate help if I ever have a problem, which is rarely! I want to visit again but sadly currently this is not possible. I hope and pray that we can all have our lives back soon and that the staff can get their livelihoods back and return to giving the excellent service at The Victoria which I have found impossible to find elsewhere in the 30+ years that I have been visiting Malta. I am stuck here in England in what can only be described as mixed weather and a depressing BBC report of deaths every night. I want to be able to look forward to my next visit in safety and with the knowledge that I will receive my usual very warm welcome as a returning guest where I know I'll have a great time once this awful virus is under control. I want to visit my Maltese friends again and staying in Sliema at this great hotel makes that so easy where nothing is too much trouble. I loved the serve yourself breakfast and ate far too much and wonder whether and/or when that will be possible again. I want my life and that of my Maltese friends including the staff of this great hotel to return to as normal as possible before too much longer. I hope that it will not be too much longer before I am allowed and able to return to my Favourite hotel in my Favourite island to enjoy all the opportunities that Malta offers for the tourists. I'll be back as soon as I can and in the meantime I wish you all the best at The Victoria.

Room tip: Never had a bad room
Date of stay: February 2021

Dear SIRNED,

A BIG THANKS for the review and recommendation.
It looks like our staff have been doing something right for the past years - we are sure future guests will find your testimony inspiring.

It is a pleasure to read that our efforts in the past years have helped to make your stays memorable. We also cannot wait for the present situation to be over and to continue doing what we can do best.

Your comments about our very hard working staff are appreciated, especially during such times.

So hang on in there - you will be packing your luggage soon enough.