“Tasty food and beer ”
Review of Krost

Krost
Ranked #21 of 568 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Description: Kröst is a modern gourmet Grill and Wine bar at the Hlemmur Food Hall in downtown Reykjavík. Big selection of wine by the glass and food made from seasonal local ingredients.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Krost was the last stop for my boyfriend and I on our Iceland vacation. As with all food in Iceland, the cost of a burger and beer for 2 was twice as much as our usual in Canada, but still not too much compared to other restaurants. The food was delicious, especially the fries. The beer was pretty good, speed of service was also great. Overall a great little place to eat.

1  Thank Remy R

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service and food here was absolutely amazing. It’s located in the center of a sort of modern food court. Full bar and lots of wines to choose from. The food menu was pretty limited. There are only a hand full of main entrées to choose from. The seating is just around the bar too. There’s no formal sitting space with waiters. Just bar seats and bar tenders. My review gets a 4 instead of 5 because I ordered the salmon but got the cod and because I didn’t want them to just toss the cod, I stuck with it and didn’t bring it to the staff’s attention. It was fine, but I know I would have liked the salmon better.

1  Thank Roxane M
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Stumbled on this place in sort of a 'restaurant condo' right near my hotel. I was going to go get Pho in a little vietnamese place, but this place had wine... and a nice list. And their burgandy was excellent and well-priced. But it was the service and the food that were just out of this world. I had the traditional Icelandic Lamb soup for the first time. Outstanding. A new favorite that I will cook at home. I also had a goose pate with bread that was out of this world and I think baked in another stall in this building. The first night I went in, it was blowing a wet gale outside and I can't tell you how good it all was... the wine, the pate and the Icelandic Soup. I will be making this soup when I get home. So good that I went back the next night... and had the same thing! Funny thing is that there were two other gentlemen at the place... and it was THEIR second night back. They had the same experience I did. I had their Risotto balls on the second night as well... and they were great. Last, the gem of the place was the staff. Led by a manager whose name I think was Fiola. I thought she was the owner at first, but she introduced herself as the manager. She and her team just ran the place like a well-oiled machine. Best meal(s) I had in Iceland. And I had some good ones! Thanks!!!!

1  Thank Sven L
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Great night, thank you Kröst!!!
Me and my girlfriend had fantastic night and the food was delicious. Recommend the duck :)

1  Thank Hjörtur Freyr G
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Went with a group of friends for dinner the other night. The service was totally on point, even with a group of 10 the food came out quickly. I had the peppered cod which was fantastic. Can also recommend the Kröst burger and the duck confit.
When going to Hlemmur I always seem to end up at Kröst because I know that they serve consistently good food for a fair price, not to mention their wine selection!

2  Thank Gisli Mar G